What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Intricks said:
Cedar Point unlocked the vests on Gatekeeper due to customer complaints, so maybe these will be unlocked as well?

Are Banshee's unlocked or does it suffer from Gatekeepers old issue of tightening along the course?

What do you mean by "unlocked"?

Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

They dont stay tightened anymore like they were opening season.

A huge amount of customers were complaining that the vests would tighten during the ride and leave it stupidly hard to breath at the end of the ride. The following season, the vests wouldnt lock in place, which got rid of the issue. Plus, the turn over drop is way more freaky.

Edit: As Ive never had the oppurtunity to ride any other of the wing coasters, I dont know if this was a Gatekeeper only issue due to its size, or if it is an issue with all wing coasters out there (specifically Flying over the Rainforest/Parrot Coaster as it is the other large scale B&M wing coaster).

Also, wasnt this addressed/talked about in the original Gatekeeper thread?

The restraint tightening thing is present on Swarm and Wild Eagle, so it's certainly a not just Gatekeeper, and its weird that CP managed to solve the problem. You'd think if it was solvable, they'd stop **** opening the thingd with the issue in the first place.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I would bet serious money this thing opens with unlocked restraints. Wild Eagle still locks and tightens during the ride (which I see as a huge issue since it packs a bit of force to it) but ever since GateKeeper, I think every B&M that's opened with these restraints opened with the vests unlocked. Banshee had unlocked vests on media day, Thunderbird had unlocked vests on media day. And with CP having voluntarily taken action to get the problem fixed on GateKeeper, I would bet they don't want a repeat of that. B&M is obviously okay with them being unlocked, the park has had issues with the locking in the past, there's no reason the locking should happen on Valravn.

That being said, I'm not sure being dangled face-first and held long enough for your vest to come out all the way would be exactly comfortable. :p I'd still want it unlocked, that part would just be a small price to pay.

Update on construction: Dive Loop is near completion, with cement footers and supports in place for barrel roll and turn around.

camera1.jpg

Joey said:
The restraint tightening thing is present on Swarm and Wild Eagle
I don't remember it being bad on Swarm or X Flight... But on Wild Eagle, the restraint would practically explode off me when unlocking in the station, due to it being so tight. After five or six ride it actually left bruises on my shoulders. Terrible

Swarm is the only wing rider I've ridden and I definitely thought it's vest was a little too tight. I'm sure CP is still aware of the general issue and will live this unlocked.

Okay that immelmann is a monster. Even the dive loop and zero g look quite big too. Should be quite something when seen in person.

Raptor's Cobra Roll has always seemed so visually imposing, but put right next to Valravn now it pales in comparison. It could be the perspective, but as you said Sanchez, even the dive loop and zero-g roll still look quite large.

This coaster is starting to grow on me. I really like the look of the dive loop. I'm very curious on how the zero-g/helix thing works out with Dive trains.

Sorry, that zero-g really reminds me of Joker's "step-up under flip" element at the start of the ride. But on a fugly coaster.

^ Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Here are some of the latest construction photos:

IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

Dave said:
Being on the outer seats should make that so fun.
I think the far right seat will offer a great ride, as in both the Immelmann and Dive Loop this seat is being rotated over (as opposed to under). I have really grown to like this type of transitioning on the Wingrider Dive Drop and Immelmann.

Intrigued about the new element, but my prediction is that it will feel identical to Gatekeepers zero g on the outside seats without the near miss. I'm actually more interested about the inside seats - in theory theyll be lame, but I'm guessing the zero g has to be designed with the outer seats forces in mind and theres no comparative element made in a train with seats the whole breadth. If we're luckily, it might pull off an optimum zero-g experience? I dunno enough about forces to know, but that's what I hope.

Joey said:
The restraint tightening thing is present on Swarm and Wild Eagle, so it's certainly a not just Gatekeeper, and its weird that CP managed to solve the problem. You'd think if it was solvable, they'd stop **** opening the thingd with the issue in the first place.

For me, The Swarm has no tightening whatsoever. I think that the restraints are the best out of any coaster that I have ridden. They are comfortable and I could sit in it all day.