What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Can't wait to see them expand on the queue and frontiertown upgrades that you know are coming along with this monstrosity.
That was a point friends and I were talking on - Frontier Town revisions. The area has remained relatively untouched since it's inception, save for some facade-face-lifts and swapping black tarmac for stone lay and cement pathways. there is a new bandstand used for quick daily shows, but that's hardly a major addition. I would love for Cedar Point to remove lesser used buildings, and adapt Frontier Town to a more Knott's Berry Farm Ghost Town experience. Building in live actors, etc. would liven up the area, and dare I say - give a general sense of theme! Definitely would require budget, but that area has potential for a very cool guest experience, beyond being a dumping ground for Cedar Point's best roller coasters.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
That stretch from the bridge around to millennium is always kinda dead with the arts and crafts are kinda cool but don't really bring anything to the experience.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This thread went dead. Any updates on the construction? Any more track on the lift hill or final lap?
Here's the webcam feed for you, in all it's glory.
camera3.jpg

Mossed

Roller Poster
Looking at the ride - it could very well be the best in the world. 5700 feet of track, four inversions, a ridiculous amount of airtime, and a vertical drop. What part of the ride is everyone here looking forward to the most?

Hutch

Strata Poster
^While I'm tempted to say the vertical drop, I think the little bunny hills inside the structure are going to be ridiculous.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Looking at the ride - it could very well be the best in the world.
I think there's a solid chance this ends up like Fury, where's it far from near consensus that it's #1, but plenty of people think so.

There's also no doubt in my mind that Cedar Fair told Schilke to design the best in the world. They've made this request twice before (Maggie, MF) and were successful in the eyes of many.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Don't think this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but I was just writing about it for a drafting and design project I'm doing on RMC trains, so I thought I'd mention it.

RMC stated in an interview earlier this year that new trains were in the works and that Timbers and Vengeance would both have them. @Hyde noted that it probably wouldn't be much of a difference, however, I did notice something in both renderings that is different from the others.

2j1l9h1.jpg

Original train design for comparison.

You can see very clearly in a few spots that the zero car seems to be articulated differently and features two runner wheels instead of one. Looking back, it appears that every row now features two runner wheels. There seem to be two steel rods running from the front of the first car to the zero car.

planetcoaster_x_cedarpoint_steelvengeance-3.jpg

The Planet Coaster rendering shows the changes very clearly.

SteelVengence_03_1502903654993_10278041_ver1.0.jpg

Look closely in this one and you can see that the official rendering sports two wheels as well.

kd-twistedtimbers-image1.jpg

Twisted Timbers sports two wheels in each assembly as well! Can't see the rods but they might just be covered by the theming, unless Vengeance's are theming, which I doubt.

drop2.jpg

Let's also not forget that the Gerst trains RMCs used to run had two runner wheels per assembly instead of one. Maybe this handled the track better or something?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think we just got a closer look at train design with Twisted Timbers' new 360 POV. In general, it would appear there will be a true zero car in the front, with the front car facade extended further to cover/hide the zero car wheel assembly:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^Yeah that's what I meant. Like with how much the theming covers, you can't really see the hardware so it's hard to tell exactly how much of that is theming and how much of it is actually a functional mechanical component. I'm assuming all of the obvious stuff, tension rods, and maybe part of the boilerplate that holds the logo is mechanical.

Watching that video again the rods appear to telescope in a way, maybe they're hydraulic but they look way too thin to serve any such function.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I did also notice that on SV's trains(not sure about TT), the lapbars now converge to one point on the floor instead of two like the original design.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

jodon1981

Roller Poster
^ Good find! It also looks like they have changed the connection point of the leg restraints. I'm hoping that it will be significantly more comfortable for those of us that are tall. I always have to get on my tip toes and pull my feet back as far as possible to be moderately comfortable with the shin restraints.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^shin guards will still be on board.

I don't have any gripes with the RMC restraints. I'm 6'3" and fit comfortably enough with the shin guards and lap bar. There more weight to the restraints, which makes them difficult to handle - but that's understandable given how much they're needed while riding!

codeman94

Mega Poster
So here we are again. The park will now be closed a lot and pics will be fewer and far between. Honestly, there wont be much more to see that the lift hill getting topped off.

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
Does anyone think the midfield of Steel Vengeance will be changed in any way? Or will there only be a traditional queue and then Eden Musee for Halloweekends?

CP Rundown

Roller Poster
Does anyone think the midfield of Steel Vengeance will be changed in any way? Or will there only be a traditional queue and then Eden Musee for Halloweekends?
Tony said when we had our tour don't look for them to add lots of grass or anything really in the middle. It should stay around the same.