What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe better than all dive coasters/Euro Fighters ever (Minus Takabisha), but I don't think it will whip you like Maverick does (Except towards the back).
I reckon it'll be miles better than any Eurofighter - but then I don't really like them all that much. :p It's going to feel very different to the Dive Machine drops too.

I think this is going to be an excellent drop in either row. Front row will have loads of hangtime over that steep edge, back row is just going to be too much to handle. I hope the chain speed isn't too fast, as it'll be cool to appreciate the height a little.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I reckon it'll be miles better than any Eurofighter - but then I don't really like them all that much. :p It's going to feel very different to the Dive Machine drops too.

I think this is going to be an excellent drop in either row. Front row will have loads of hangtime over that steep edge, back row is just going to be too much to handle. I hope the chain speed isn't too fast, as it'll be cool to appreciate the height a little.
Disagree with the chain speed comment. You have Valrayvn, MF and TTD which all provide a good sense of height, Valrayvn especially with the slow turn and holding brake.
The best drops are the ones that fling you over imo, Toro's is taken at speed and Skyrush's cable lift propels you over, so I'd prefer something similar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cable lifts on the RMCs I'm aware of aren't that fast, probably the same speed as any standard woodie, not the speed of the Intamin cable lifts, so you'll probably get your height appreciation.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Disagree with the chain speed comment. You have Valrayvn, MF and TTD which all provide a good sense of height, Valrayvn especially with the slow turn and holding brake.
The best drops are the ones that fling you over imo, Toro's is taken at speed and Skyrush's cable lift propels you over, so I'd prefer something similar.
I guess, but I feel like MF's height isn't as appreciated as Fury's due to the very fast lift hill. Each to their own, I suppose.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cable lifts on the RMCs I'm aware of aren't that fast, probably the same speed as any standard woodie, not the speed of the Intamin cable lifts, so you'll probably get your height appreciation.
Huh, well I didn't even know they had cables so... :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
As much as I hate Iron Rattler pause at the top, that would be ****ing bonkers in front row on this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^I noticed that earlier, it now points at Millennium.

Does anybody have any screenshots from shortly before they moved it? My friend Ethan (who watches this like a hawk) said this morning that they only had two more pieces until it was topped off.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Boom.
Blah, wrong word, kept thinking on the Intamins :) The RMC Chain lifts are pretty slow though :rolleyes:
The first gen of RMC lifts were definitely slow - NTG and IR even slowing further at the top of their respective lift hills.

Looking at the animated POV, Steel Vegeance looks to take ~25 seconds to ascend the 205 ft. lift:
Compare that to Storm Chaser, which is ~15 seconds to ascend it's ~110 ft. lift hill - Steel Vengeance should clip along at a pretty quick rate up the lift hill (assuming the animation is correct):

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I had a quick look at Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus and Goliath chains and they were pretty slow, I hope it's like the animation, any extra speed over the top would be appreciated.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
camera3.jpg

Flag is up and that hill looks GLORIOUS!!!

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I always thought that iron workers on high rises were nuts. Now I'm thinking those guys are probably more insane . There is not really much room to stand up there.