What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Wow, that looks incredible. Those first elements are so huge, and the finale racing through the dense wooden structure is going to be amazing.

Very impressed - bravo RMC and Cedar Point!

Wow! RMC maximized the old Mean Streak's potential out there! The quantity of airtime, the fast sections inside the wooden structure, the wicked inversions... it has it all!

I think it could have just been Vengeance personally. More of an impactful name.

The ride does look good tho. My main worry does remain however as the 2nd half will determine the ride. We all know the beginning will be incredible but it has to keep it up. Wicked Cyclone didn't, Wildfire didn't.. which may be why I prefer the shorter rides to the longer ones in general.

I have no complaints about this. It is long, relentless, and has a good mix of inversions and airtime hills. After looking at the POV, I don't think the pacing will suffer all that much, which was my major concern. I guess we'll see next May!

I know some of us were concerned about if the second half of the ride would ruin the pace, but I think it'll benefit from being enclosed in its own structure and keep that sense of speed going. I love how the first half is just over the top hills and turns, and the second half being tight transitions and bunny hops. Looks fantastic.

This is what, like, Cedar Point's sixth 200+ ft coaster? And their fifth coaster with a 90+ degree drop? They can't calm down, can't they!

I think that last section through the structure will be insane. It's not like cedar point would want a flagship coaster end on a lull.

This reminds me of all the previous iron horse coasters combined into one.

Looks epic.

The one thing I will say to those who have their feelings about pacing subdued.. remember this is an animation. Animation doesn't always reflect reality.

Jesus Christ. That first announcement video (with the 3 outlaws) genuinely gave me goosebumps!
Looks simply incredible - Cedar Point definitely chose the right time to get their RMC. As others have said, it's pretty much got a bit of every other RMC so far and a bit more. The only thing it's missing is a quad down ;)
The animation didn't appear to show anything, but I'd like to think they'll add a bit of theming too?

Something I don't think we've considered yet; if they time it right and dispatch quickly enough, surely we get a head on collision between trains on the 73mph airtime hill and last few ejector hills on the third circuit? That would be pretty epic....

EDIT: For those who don't know which video I'm referring to:

(Don't think it's been posted yet?)