What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^They'll have to move the entrance as the third lap now comes close to the old entrance concrete. However I think renderings show it being pretty close to the old one.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
All of which is to say, the two warehouses in the middle field - one used as storage, the other as the Eden Musee haunt - should be sticking around.

As to the entrance, as @Jarrett mentioned, the current entrance had a bit of a clearance issue. ;) You can see the original entrance queue in the bottom right of the photo.

Best guess is the entrance is moved just a bit to the right or left. There is still technically an entrance for the Eden Musee haunt right underneath the outer overbank, but I'd imagine they leave that entrance for haunt-use only. The CGI rendering appears to have the ride's queue use the Eden Musee queue, and then just back to the Mean Streak queue that leads to the station.

CP Rundown

Roller Poster
All of which is to say, the two warehouses in the middle field - one used as storage, the other as the Eden Musee haunt - should be sticking around.

As to the entrance, as @Jarrett mentioned, the current entrance had a bit of a clearance issue. ;) You can see the original entrance queue in the bottom right of the photo.

Best guess is the entrance is moved just a bit to the right or left. There is still technically an entrance for the Eden Musee haunt right underneath the outer overbank, but I'd imagine they leave that entrance for haunt-use only. The CGI rendering appears to have the ride's queue use the Eden Musee queue, and then just back to the Mean Streak queue that leads to the station.
That house isn't Eden Musee anymore, it's now called Deprivation. It's going to be like Blackout at Kings Island. Also Tony did say the old entrance going under the ride aka the tunnel will still be used as part of the queue.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
When I did Eden Musse, It was pretty good! very detailed.
Indeed, I'm sad to see it go. Really enjoyed the wax museum concept, and the execution was very good. Alas, so many of my favorite haunts have been retired over the years: Club Blood, Happy Jack's Toy Factory, original Fright Zone.... just please don't touch Hexed!

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I was at CP this past Sunday. While the Depravation house isn't too great, once you exit you get some amazing views of the structure. As CP Rundown stated, it looks like the track work is completed with the exception of the finishing the lift hill and drop. As everyone has said, pictures do NOT do this coaster justice. It's just so massive. That first barrel roll is so high off the ground it's crazy. I'm planning to go back the second weekend the park is open in May to ride this thing (provided there are no construction/testing delays). The pics I took are very similar to the ones already posted so I won't do the same. I can't wait! This coaster will be epic!

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm working on getting to CP for Halloweekends. Looking forward to views from the infield!

And since the first drop construction is all that remains - gratefully CP has shifted their webcam back to full view of construction!

camera3.jpg