What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

If you're not expecting much, the announcement will exceed your expectations. So...

Be pessimistic (sp?) and good things will come to you! :p

Still holding out for that Root Beer Microbrewery.

OMG! Prefab Aquatrax!!!

Or not. :)

Looks mildly dull. Still, it'll be a crowd eater :)

OMG I WAS the first one to suggest that wasn't I?

I totally won. Now I <3 this thing because it made me win :p . The name is totally boring too though, and tan supports? Again? Gr.

I wouldn't say boring, it looks fairly fun and a much bigger announcement than I was honestly expecting!

Is this the "same" ride type as Pilgrim's? Obviously it's got a "normal" lift, but, it looks like the boats, track and trough are the same?

Plus, have you not seen the theme? Illegal alcohol? Um, FUN!

The only dumb thing IMO is having the taller drop first... Having said that, the second drop into the rapids and rocks does look fab!

^ I think it is the same as Pilgrim`s.. Same boats and manufacturer so I would expect so.

And yeah the theme is aiiight, but it just looks like an average water ride offering nothing new. I wouldn`t look too much into the theming though, Maverick`s was dulled down a bit than it showed in the renderings.

I likes it because riders will definitely get wet & I'm all for anything that will reduce the queues at Maverick, TTD & MF.
I'll probably only ride it once during ERT to make a POV, then it will be back to the previously mentioned coasters (plus Wicked Twister, maXair & Skyhawk) until they get around to building a new ride again.

And Snake River will remain there? RIGHT next to it? That makes perfect sense...

Looks like it'll be an alright ride. I can't see much of the animation, since I'm at college. I'll be sure to check it out if and when I go next summer.

Really disappointed, but I guess that was the idea.

As ECG mentioned before, its in the area of the park where swimsuits are allowed for the 3 water rides there.

I think it's a good addition to the park and it should good people eater. I'm not really disappointed though, because it was kinda expected.

Yay Taylor!

Ahh. Over the shoulder lapbars! ;)

Well its Intamin!! And it looks pretty fun! It was pretty much what I was expecting actually. How spooky.

Jerry, that's basically the good thing about this.. Reducing queues for other rides in the park. Yay!

And Snake River will remain there? RIGHT next to it? That makes perfect sense...

Haha it'll probably come down though in the next few years I would expect..

Right, so it's got 10 boats of capacity 10. That's 100. It has a capacity of 1200, so each boat will go round 12 times an hour. 12 x 3 minute rides = 36mins. So each boat will take 24 mins an hour just to load. That seems like an awful lot, and with that many boats out, it sounds like you could be waiting a while to get off once your ride has finished. Maybe it's just me that thinks this.

jokerman said:
Right, so it's got 10 boats of capacity 10. That's 100. It has a capacity of 1200, so each boat will go round 12 times an hour. 12 x 3 minute rides = 36mins. So each boat will take 24 mins an hour just to load. That seems like an awful lot, and with that many boats out, it sounds like you could be waiting a while to get off once your ride has finished. Maybe it's just me that thinks this.

Er, no.