What's new

Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Seems like an extended version of the one at Holiday World but with lift-hills instead of elevators. I really think that it will suit CP very well, and I'm looking forward to seeing some vertical construction.

Let's just hope that they add more themeing than they did on Maverick...

jokerman said:
Right, so it's got 10 boats of capacity 10. That's 100. It has a capacity of 1200, so each boat will go round 12 times an hour. 12 x 3 minute rides = 36mins. So each boat will take 24 mins an hour just to load. That seems like an awful lot, and with that many boats out, it sounds like you could be waiting a while to get off once your ride has finished. Maybe it's just me that thinks this.
You forgot to divide the 24 minutes by 12, and then you get 2 minutes of loading/circuit.
This means that a complete circuit that one boat take is 5 minutes (3 minutes run time and 2 minutes reloading), which means that with 10 boats, a boat will leave the station every 30 seconds.
Which would probably be the limiting factor to get the right spacing between the boats.

Good, so my calculation wasn't wrong. I just needed to go a bit further for more useful results. Is it definately continuous loading? It's just that with lapbars, is this possible?

^ Nope the calculations are fine, you just needed to put the result in a better context...

I have no idea on the continuous loading bit, but it could work. How is it done on Pilgrims plunge?

But doing some more sums shows that there will be about 4 boats in the station at all times, so:
1 waiting to launch/checking restraints, 1 loading, 1 unloading, 1 waiting to unload.

To know that though, we would have to know how long the station is. Also, to have so many things going on a the same time, especially if it is continuous loading, would need a lot of staff.

Well, I for one am happy with this announcement.

It means that there's no reason for me to go to Cedar Point next year.
:p

As pointed out, at least it will spread the crowd a bit.

I'm not certain from the renderings, but does this mean that the craftsman's village (or whatever it's called) is out?

The placement certainly looks like CP gets to pull out more trees though, and I'm sure that they are happy about that.

jokerman said:
To know that though, we would have to know how long the station is. Also, to have so many things going on a the same time, especially if it is continuous loading, would need a lot of staff.

I never said your calculations were wrong, it's just obvious you're not going to be waiting for 24 minutes. Thats plain logic.

Uncle Arly said:
jokerman said:

I never said your calculations were wrong, it's just obvious you're not going to be waiting for 24 minutes. Thats plain logic.

He meant 24 minutes out of every hour.

Which does make sense for a coaster (with two train operations on a lot of coasters, the train completes the layout and 'stacks' before the other train is loaded and ready to go again), but for a water ride which is supposed to use constant loading, is a long time.

I see what he's saying, but theres no point in talking about the loading times, cus we don't even know if those figures are accurate (they probably aren't, haha).

You guys are being neurotic about the loading and unloading times.. Seriously.

If it's continuous loading like Pilgrim's Plunge where the boat doesn't stop, it'll load fast. And that's all that matters.

^ Does it?

From what I saw it looked okay.. Get in your rows and get on the train.. But I guess being some of the first ones on didn't give me a good idea :p .

It's still a ride.. And the topic title thing is "Ride Construction", haha.

I don't care though I still reckon it'll be whack.. I will probably only ride it if you guys ride it, and other than that it'll be a skippaaa.

Tallest water ride for CP.

Casual log flume design.

Tapping into CP history by Recycling the Shoot the Rapids name.

Moonshine.

Sounds cool.

I've come to realize I have yet to ride Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon. Maybe this ride will give me a reason to finally do so!

^ You've lived in Sandusky basically forevaa and you've never been on either? I rode Snake River Falls like once because then I smelled like fish after I rode it and I can't even remember if I rode Thunder Canyon.. Maybe once. Cold water isnt my thing.

^You put [youtube] and [/youtube] either side of the link.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7LSFdqpFk[/youtube]