What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Unknown" | B&M Wingrider?

I love the name, the logo looks good but I'm not too hot on the track color. It looks too much like Leviathan's which work for it cause its a sea serpent...but this is more of a bird of prey or gargoyle. I like the looks of the layout its alot different from the previous WR. That loop looks like it might beat the inversion height record.

Error

Strata Poster

Really am annoyed with the name. For CP, this is just kinda general. As for the layout...its not bad but not great. Three rolls? Not incredibly creative. Time will tell, but for now its not growing on me

Sent while out and about

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

It's a shame it's been leaked before the official announcement, but I must say, DAYUUUM THAT LOOKS FUNKY! Love the colour scheme, the layout looks quite decent (a few dull areas - after MCBR from what I can tell looks particularly dull, but hey ho) and it'll look stunning over the main entrance. I don't mind the name either - it's not terrible! :p

Perhaps not the best wing rider, but I can certainly see how elements from all if the current WRs have come together to form this layout.

Me gusta.

bmac

Giga Poster

Looks cool, definitely a fitting addition for Cedar Point in 2013. First half looks absolutely amazing but I have no clue about the second.

Intricks

Strata Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Well I have to say that I'm dissappointed, and to be honest, I was dissappointed already from the moment we heard this was another wingrider.

The layout looks good and all, and I love the idea with that element over the park entrance. But otherwise it's just so un-original. I was expecting something else and more unique from Cedar Point... I guess that's a tough one when they choose B&M.

Why are you disappointed? This is entirely original (especially that first bit). Sounds like you are just disappointed at the fact it wasn't made by Intamin (which would have been unoriginal)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

coaster_rider93

Mega Poster

This layout is completely original. I like it a lot. Now I just wish it was May, 2013 right now :cry:

coasterguy

Roller Poster

]I cant wait to ride GateKeeper next year at Americas Roller Coast! Cedar Point Ride on!!

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

For Cedar Point (who hasn't gone with B&M for awhile) this looks great. If it were any other mega park though, for me it would be meh.

It's been a long time since B&M has really wowed me with the forces on their rides. They all seem to ride the same which is disappointing, I'd love to be wrong about Gate Keeper, and it does look fun with some great elements. But I don't see anything here that makes me think that B&M is going to finally add forces back into their rides.

coasterguy

Roller Poster

Newtrek5 said:
For Cedar Point (who hasn't gone with B&M for awhile) this looks great. If it were any other mega park though, for me it would be meh.

It's been a long time since B&M has really wowed me with the forces on their rides. They all seem to ride the same which is disappointing, I'd love to be wrong about Gate Keeper, and it does look fun with some great elements. But I don't see anything here that makes me think that B&M is going to finally add forces back into their rides.

I love the layout the double fly thru over the main gate looks epic!!

Newtrek5

Mega Poster

^ Oh don't get me wrong. The fans will eat this up! I meant from more of a personal perspective.

I liked X-Flight, but I didn't love it. I will say I love the addition of the airtime hill!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I actually jumped out of my seat when I saw that picture. Cedar Point's one of two (relatively) local parks and I live three hours from it, so I will more than likely be riding this thing. I was bummed since I never rode DT (I've only been once), but this more than makes up for it. Love the colors, love the name, and I really like the trains. I rode Wild Eagle a few weeks ago and it was awesome (my favorite elements were the zero-g roll and the eight curve) so seeing that this one has a zero-g with two keyholes I think it will be awesome!

I think this will be like Wild Eagle where the forces are better in the back, but I don't think that it will be better one one side or the other. Both look pretty awesome here. Can't wait for more on this bad boy!

justinmyersm

Mega Poster

I am actually excited about this. Cedar Point hasn't gotten a B&M since 1996 when Banshee... I mean Mantis debuted. They really needed a new B&M coaster. I can't wait for next season to be able to ride this. It is a little hard to see a large piece of my childhood go, but it's time for change. 2013 can't get here soon enough!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Justin said:
I am actually excited about this. Cedar Point hasn't gotten a B&M since 1996 when Banshee... I mean Mantis debuted. They really needed a new B&M coaster. I can't wait for next season to be able to ride this. It is a little hard to see a large piece of my childhood go, but it's time for change. 2013 can't get here soon enough!

The Mayan calendar may prove to be the ultimate troll. :twisted:

In the case it isn't though, First trip to CP in planning stages.

steel

Mega Poster

I don't really see what there is to be disappointed about. It looks absolutely incredible. All the best bits of X-Flight and Swarm and Wild Eagle, plus a coastline and a sleek color scheme.
Actually, I take that back. I'm disappointed that, once again, we are unable to just be patient and wait for the park to announce it on their own terms. Seems like this happens with every new coaster these days. It's too bad.
But the coaster looks fabulous. Can't wait. I'm getting chills just thinking about the open-air wingrider seats combined with that constant lake breeze you get at Cedar Point.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Easily to be the best B&M at the park... And it looks like it's going to be an excellent ride in it's own right...

Those turnstile zero-gs <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

That looks wonderful. I agree with Joey, I think the name is awesome! I love the way it'll look as you enter the park.

Yeah, I'm definitely heading over to CP next year. <3

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point to remove DT and SS for 2013 B&M Wingrider

hC9H7.jpg

Looks like what I posted ages ago was pretty much spot on ;)

I actually really like the name, I don't get what all the gripe is about. Is it just because it's not named after a mythological thing or a sea serpent? They went a different route and I think it's great. I'm not pissing myself with excitement... Cedar Point is my home park and I'm definitely happy they're finally going to get something new, but I just never really work myself up over announcements. I enjoyed Raptor at Gardaland, so I think I'll like this too because it seems like a more forceful version of that. The thing going through the entrance is incredible, and it kind of reminds me of Leviathan because Leviathan also works its way into the entrance area, which really adds to the aura of the park in my opinion.

Still can't get over how weird that area is gonna look without DT and Space Spiral though. Can't say it's not a good replacement, it just looks so odd.

Ben

CF Legend

I think it looks brilliant.

That first drop into an Immelman will be reallllly intense, a bit like a sitting Pretzel Loop.

And I bet that hill's going to be fab <3

It all looks great, I want it.