What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

kimahri

CF Legend
Re: Cedar Point | "Unknown" | B&M Wingrider?

Uh, where did all the random Mythological creature names come from?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Leviathan and CoasterFusion having intel that it will be named after a dragon and use green track.

Intricks

Strata Poster

The green Wing Coaster track has two separate labels on them. 5307 and 5302. I don't have any clue as to how they work, but according to those on here with FAR more knowledge on the matter than me, that means there are at least 7 jobs for B&M this year. Since we only know of a proper two (or three, 5305 was shown on Screamscape I believe) Job Numbers, we have to go with that.

Could someone please explain this more in depth than me?

Also, people are saying those are photoshopped photos >,>

My faith in humanity is falling, fast because of those ones.

bmac

Giga Poster

I just think Coasterfusion is talking out their ass, but that's just me. Really I don't care for the name one bit, it's CEDAR FAIR. There's no universal theme in ANY park and all the names are just randomly chosen on just like what Six Flags does, except they don't pick from a small list of previously used names or DC comics characters. Point is, the name doesn't mean **** in terms of what the park is doing (look at Verbolten @ BGW for a REAL example of what I'm getting at). It's going to be themed after a beast, okay that's really cool! Now what the hell is in the layout?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Hmmmm... A green flying creature set free.

I reckon, 100%, it's going to be called... BUDGERIGAR - The Rotund! Sunflower seeds cower in fear as the fluttering BIRD OF DOOM chirrups softly in the day and squawks annoyingly through the night!

kimahri

CF Legend

It's going to be Garuda/Houou/Phoenix/Hresvelgr/Gurr/Horus/Macha/Badb Catha/Sparna/Yatagarasu/Ruhk/Furiae/Zhen/Camaztoz/Koh-Ryu/Sei-Ryu/I'm Confused!

Someone explain what is going on? There's generic posters and all of a sudden random name drops of Mythological creatures. Ziz? the ****?

Is this Maverick all over again?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Thank CoasterFusion. They started talking out their ass and screamscape reported it.

Im going with Ragnarøk or Phoenix because both of them refer to rhe end of an era and rebirth. Ragnarøk is more destruction (tearing down of a few rides) and starting a new era (this ride), whereas Phoenix is the whole being reborn from its ashes (Destruction of DT and the ride being built there). My choices have a meaning behind them (if the ride isnt being called Banshee) instead of "Cedar Fair named their newest coaster Leviathan, MUST FOLLOW SAME TANGENT!"

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster

What's all the fuss about the name? I know we're all curious and such, but shouldn't we be more eager to see the layout? :?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

I'm expecting Wild Eagle sans terrain than The Swarm/X-Flight. CP will go big rather than interesting or unique.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Praying someone will lock this topic on the day it's revealed. Just for the lolz.

bmac

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
Praying someone will lock this topic on the day it's revealed. Just for the lolz.

I've been praying that Mean Streak finally burned down, got soooo close two times...

Naemuti

Mega Poster

bmac said:
Ethan said:

I've been praying that Mean Streak finally burned down, got soooo close two times...

Something must have gone wrong, the Tiki House burnt down instead.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

For clarity - the mythological names are being suggested in relation to hints the park has given over the rides name and theme.

425550_3592798825149_1383580651_n.jpg

Between the graphic and reading clues, it'd be fair to assume a monster name.

It's almost like I posted this two pages ago. :wink:

To kimahri, no, this isn't another Maverick topic. Otherwise it would have begun in 2010.

To bmac and Bondi, welcome to a true Cedar Point new roller coaster discussion - 98% filler. :razz:

Intricks

Strata Poster

And now a clue from left field to toss us all upside down:

blog_disaster.jpg

Phoenix?

kimahri

CF Legend

God this is Maverick all over again with random assumptions flying everywhere.

It's a blue generic geometric shape with plain text. Stop being comfusing.