What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Unknown" | B&M Wingrider?

kimahri said:
It's american.

$2000 Medical Bill: The Ride.

Of course, my bad.

Seriously, however, I'm guessing it ties in to Disaster transport with the latest tagline?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Apparently there are posters all OVER the park with little phrases on them referring to rides that were once in that area.

Slogans popping up around the park now (in addition to the "How Do You Recover From a Disaster")-"What Can Outrun an Avalanche"-"Not Even a Jumbo Jet Soars Like This"

A101

Mega Poster
Re: Cedar Point |

Intricks said:
Apparently there are posters all OVER the park with little phrases on them referring to rides that were once in that area.

Slogans popping up around the park now (in addition to the "How Do You Recover From a Disaster")-"What Can Outrun an Avalanche"-"Not Even a Jumbo Jet Soars Like This"

Screamscape keeps saying it will be called "Gatekeeper." (I hate that name!!!!!) These slogans hint towards some great creature, because yes, a "gatekeeper" outruns avalanches, and helps recover from disasters? :?

And why would a gatekeeper be kept hidden as a secret, waiting to be set free?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

The CP FB pages mentions being on the EDGE of our seats in anticipation...can't make it much more obvious haha

I reckon, 100%, it's going to be called... BUDGERIGAR - The Rotund! Sunflower seeds cower in fear as the fluttering BIRD OF DOOM chirrups softly in the day and squawks annoyingly through the night!

Hahaha.

I know Cedar Point is my home park and all, but I refuse to sit here and waste my time speculating over a name. This is probably the most mundane discussion in the history of any announcement ever :p . I feel like all we've been doing is throwing out mythological names for the past five pages!

That being said, it's fun to speculate but I refuse to do so. We'll find out in four days anyway! I love how coaster announcements always come either right before or right on my birthday. Woop.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

These new catch phrases are just poking fun at the fact that the new ride is a replacement for Disaster Transport, which originally opened as Avalanche Run. Soaring? Reference to the wing rider seat layout.

Don't look too much into these signs - they offer exactly what Maverick's teaser signs did. Nothing.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Re: Cedar Point |

A101 said:
Screamscape keeps saying it will be called "Gatekeeper." (I hate that name!!!!!)
Well maybe if we complain enough or boycott it, we could change that ;)

EDIT: After all, that was how the original "Banshee" name was discarded from Mantis, was because of complaints of the name, lol.

EDIT 2: Oh, and the irony! If "Gatekeeper" was decided against for the speculated "Banshee" name of this current coaster in progress. That would be something.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Banshee was never speculated - it was a joke clue.

If we follow these leads on good faith, Gatekeeper carries the most legitimate claim as the roller coasters name.

bmac

Giga Poster

LiveForTheLaunch said:
I reckon, 100%, it's going to be called... BUDGERIGAR - The Rotund! Sunflower seeds cower in fear as the fluttering BIRD OF DOOM chirrups softly in the day and squawks annoyingly through the night!

Hahaha.

I know Cedar Point is my home park and all, but I refuse to sit here and waste my time speculating over a name. This is probably the most mundane discussion in the history of any announcement ever :p . I feel like all we've been doing is throwing out mythological names for the past five pages!

That being said, it's fun to speculate but I refuse to do so. We'll find out in four days anyway! I love how coaster announcements always come either right before or right on my birthday. Woop.

Said pretty much the same thing 4 pages ago :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

As a head's up, I will be at the park announcement on Monday at 3:30 EST. I will be live tweeting at @CoasterForce.

Intricks

Strata Poster

It has been leaked. I am posting no info on it and I hope those that find it don't either :3

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Well I have to say that I'm dissappointed, and to be honest, I was dissappointed already from the moment we heard this was another wingrider.

The layout looks good and all, and I love the idea with that element over the park entrance. But otherwise it's just so un-original. I was expecting something else and more unique from Cedar Point... I guess that's a tough one when they choose B&M.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I fail to see how a wing coaster cannot be unique, seeing as how there's only four of them currently in operation. This one looks the best though, if it's genuine. The layout looks great, and personally, I don't see why people are griping over 'Gatekeeper.' It has a nice ring to it.

Snoo

The Legend

I like.. mostly as I haven't been on a WR. Typical for CP though.. bigger is always.. well not always.. better.