What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

Station roof is done.

Gatekeepercam41_zpsc0c12c9d.jpg

Here is the latest Point Cast, talking all things GateKeeper. They show off the station and line work, as well as describe how the line will run by the beach.

Thinking more about this layout - waiting in that line will be aweful on breezy, cold days!

It's also great to see Tony Clark back in action, having rejoined Cedar Point after being gone for the last few years as a reporter in Milwaukee.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh6KlsNdZrw[/youtube]

Re: RE: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

I love the red on the back, looks bad ass.
Sent from my throne

Cedar Point's marketing department has acknowledged that testing should begin in two weeks time. Not too long until we see trains on the track!

PLACE Workshop, the design group in charge of redesigning the park's main entrance and GateKeeper entrance, has released some renderings of GateKeeper's entrance.

418962_468128149925169_239153103_n.jpg

72430_468128169925167_1106077669_n.jpg

601492_468128173258500_1711685047_n.jpg

What is being depicted is a complete redesign of the former Space Spiral Plaza. It should lend itself as a great vantage point of Gatekeeper's Dive Drop and Immelmann. I'm a particular fan of the minimal GateKeeper entrance detail.

They have also posted an another perspective of the park's new main entrance.

252063_436839396387378_796060550_n.jpg

Hyde, idk if it is just my browser, but I could only view one of your new entrance photos. Could you try re-posting them? I'm really curious as to what everything may look like :--D

I can't view them either, Hyde. They from Facebook? Have they since been removed, or maybe you've copied the link to the stupid Facebook viewer and not the images themselves?

Link us to the page where they are located.

Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

So...apparently Cedar Point announced something along the lines of "Those with coaster club membership cards can attend media day".

Note that Ive only gotten this as a text and was unable to properly search about it as I got called into work.

I know it is just a rendering and it might not be the final product, but the queue area looks kind of small compared to Millennium's, TTD's, and Maverick's :shock: