What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Worst trains out of all the b&m wing riders, the colour makes me want to vom and tbh, they just look tacky, awful and cheap. Was really looking forward to seeing this trains as well, I mean The Swarms and Raptors both look fantastic, so they could have made this look a little more intimadating, istead of a stoned bird. :/

andrus

Giga Poster
I like the "stoned bird" :p I think the trains look great so far! Don't know what they'll look like completed with all the theming and in action. Of course Swarm and Raptors trains are nicer looking! But that's some top notch theming there, nothing that could be expected from Cedar Fair. And tbh Gatekeepers trains look A LOT better then the tacky, cheap and aweful trains at Dollywood! >< And I much rather have these themed trains then the "naked" ones at Six Flags Great America...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Train covers are now installed - me like.

cpblog0018.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think the trains are kinda statue/gargoyle-y. With the brass/gold colour and his tongue out. It fits with it being like a guardian (keeper) of the gate. I like it.

It's not in your face and an all-out theming element. But the nods are there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I'm with you.

I like the minimal gargoyle theme. I was intrigued how much it would play through in station theming, such as wrought iron fences and steeples. So far concepts have only focused on the gargoyle profile and wing designs, with a regular station.

What I'm really looking forward to is long-exposure night photos for the LEDs on those trains! :)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Still not sold on the train's looks. However the track and the way it interacts with the park entrance make up for it. I knew not to except theming to the likes of Raptor and The Swarm, but this looks like a very awesome wing-coaster

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Still not sold on the train's looks. However the track and the way it interacts with the park entrance make up for it. I knew not to except theming to the likes of Raptor and The Swarm, but this looks like a very awesome wing-coaster

All of this.

BBH

Giga Poster
The rest of the covers are what I like, sharp, clean lines and a sort of polygonal shape. The tongue and the flat eyebrows are yuck.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm still reserving my thoughts on the gryphon head until it is mounted on the lead car and can see the full effect for real.

Maverix

Mega Poster
Not 100% positive, but testing may start today. The transfer track is lined up with the storage track on the webcam right now.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here is a photo of the transfer track, which at present is still lined up with the access track.

BGxwOSDCEAAt4GS.jpg:large

Probably no testing for today. (webcams would most likely be taken offline if there were) Oh Cedar Point - such a tease!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This is a really pretty coaster, very angle it looks good on!

Also! Yay for testing, booo, for how many 'it looks slow' or 'no airtime' comments!