What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but wouldn't this coaster have been absolutely perfect... for Chessington?
Yeah, if this was Chessie's new-for-2018 addition, I'd be all over it. Best thing ever. Literally the perfect investment.

But it's not. It's at Alton. So it's sh*t.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I appreciate the main theming element is pretty awesome(at night), but kinda highlights that the rest of it isn't getting any coverage whatsoever, not even a second showing the trains emerging victorious out of the tunnel of doom or the "airtime hill" over the path.
This feels like Hyperion's tunnel pics now.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Leaving the concrete bases as white looks very poor. I hope there's some landscaping planned in the next week.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well... this is apparently opening on the 22nd March. As a press person shared that they got an invitation from Alton Towers saying to Be Chosen on 22-03 or something similar.
EDIT: Some people have said that this is likely to be some sort of press event, with the ride still officially opening on the 17th. I've messaged Alton Towers in order to see if the 22nd is the opening day or a press event. Whether or not I manage to squeeze any info out of them is another matter entirely, though.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Well... this is apparently opening on the 22nd March. As a press person shared that they got an invitation from Alton Towers saying to Be Chosen on 22-03 or something similar.
Please don't be overly sensational and make statements you can't actually back up. The fact there's some sort of media event on the 22nd doesn't necessarily correlate to that being the opening date or before the opening date.

Matt N

CF Legend
Please don't be overly sensational and make statements you can't actually back up. The fact there's some sort of media event on the 22nd doesn't necessarily correlate to that being the opening date or before the opening date.
OK, sorry. It's just that someone in the media got an invite from Towers saying the 22nd, and there is an event tomorrow.