What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

Even though that is the world first, do you guys think the Disorientator will be special or just a glorified heartline roll?

Probs some spiralling projections and lighting that will be out of use by the end of the season?

Apparently dummies have been spotted in the Smiler car seats. This is it, people :p

Uncle Arly said:
Probs some spiralling projections and lighting that will be out of use by the end of the season?

Have been saying in order to get a ride with all the effects working you will probably need to go within the 1st few weeks. After that it will be pot luck as to what works and what does not.

Look at Saw within a few weeks so much stopped working :(

It's moving! :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7yYSeVGX5E[/youtube]

Nice to see the progress on the....cattlepens.... too, but the bridge over the second lift seems an innovative touch.

Surely people could drop things onto the track from that little yellow bridge?

I've got a feeling that the yellow bridge in question is a access point for evacuation from the 2nd lift hill and not part of the queue line.

Why I say that is because the queue line is down the other end of the site and it's a particular nasty high cattle pen that we'll be queuing through.

58103_477094225694360_2079401031_n.jpg

Image from Rob at TowersStreet

Also this picture has just been posted by The Alton Towers Guide:

400739_560247264006456_1449077993_n.jpg

I'm damn sure that this has tested now. I'm glad Alton aren't doing it during park opening hours and waiting until the park is shut. The element of surprise is going to be fantastic!

I seriously cannot wait for this now. Yes I know it's probably going to be rough, but what Alton have created and what they have done with the marketing has created such a brilliant lead up, I cannot wait!!!

The station looks horrible in all its grey concrete.. Surprised they've left it like that and I doubt it's gonna change with the yellow pipes being installed already.

They are putting cladding up on the station, each picture it gets high, so nothing to worry about.

YAY, I cant wait for the testing video but for the train to get that far is a good mile stone :D

Have they dressed the dummies up like that on purpose? Wearing boots and gloves. They look like slumped corpses with bags on their heads.

I found a recent article from StaffsLive, and Ian is mentioned.

http://staffslive.co.uk/2013/05/07/new- ... l-seekers/

spicy said:
Have they dressed the dummies up like that on purpose? Wearing boots and gloves. They look like slumped corpses with bags on their heads.

If I am correct I read somewhere that these new dummies Alton have, are made like that already. It gives a more realistic result compared to the water filled dummies, somehow.

Just to let everyone know, the third video is now up, and it features more Dr Kellman! I think it's the best so far, I love how sinister it is that Dr Kellman is talking to the disembodied ministry of joy and how even he seems scared, and also how miles isn't fully marmalised. Whilst some of the acting is cheesy you have to give them alot of credit for making a really deep backstory (for a ride). I am guessing the clue for this one is get corrected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwhx0Ifp7E0 In other news, it is now confirmed the trains have done a complete lap as the car that was on the breaks before the vertical lift is now gone!

Don't Resist-It's Time 2-Get Corrected-. the 4th part must surely tell us the date it opens!! :D

308553_10151597947711201_1530518465_n.jpg

Alton Towers official...

Status
Not open for further replies.