What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

Joey said:
I don't think the videos are bad. The idea is better than the acting, of course, but... It's miles above, say this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1jeYY0yEo

Isnt that the music from the game though?
Hall of the Mountain King is Alton Towers adopted theme song and has been for years and years. Check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5u6Uv2Dn4

I see what you did there. :wink:

I have discovered the two correct clues!
Spoiler alert, just in case you guys still want to guess.
They are the names of the tapes. 'Do not resist' and 'It's time 2' are the clues.
There must be two more videos, as there are two more boxes for clues. Can't wait to see what will be in store in the next videos.

(You have to highlight the line under the word spoiler to see the clues.)

Was blown away when I saw it in the flesh today! It just looks so awesome! I didn't see any trains being tested but the screens were on every time I was near.

Finally a coaster with a substantial length at Alton! Yeiiii! Looks awesome <3

elephant58 said:
^Cedar Fair would have something to say about that.....

Nope, because it was a Paramount copyright, based on the Wayne's World movies. Over time the connection disappeared, because it was such a lame tie-in.

Now back to the regular series of "when will testing start?" posts.
:lol:

Weird that this is the most exciting 2013 addition for me, even though I'll be on Gold Striker in 3 weeks.

Naturally, the Smiler looks wayyyy more exciting then Gold Striker no doubt! And here's 300 - Go me! Do I win summing?!

Joey said:
I don't think the videos are bad. The idea is better than the acting, of course, but... It's miles above, say this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm1jeYY0yEo

Isnt that the music from the game though?
Hall of the Mountain King is Alton Towers adopted theme song and has been for years and years. Check this out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5u6Uv2Dn4

Looking at the Oblivion advert you can see a sort of connection to the Smiler narrative. The creepy rider does look quite, mentally corrected. I don't think tying up the X Sector to TMOJ will be jarring.

What is jarring is The Lord of Darkness doing the voice over for the Fireworks display. I highly doubt that the fireworks have any relevance to TMOJ.

According to The Alton Towers Guide, the car is on the breakrun and testing is very very likely to be happening today.

Thats sounds exciting, fingers crossed this happens. I wanna see a test video so bad now lol.

Alton posted this on Twittur...

"Lots of questions about #TheSmiler opening date, we'll hopefully be letting you know at some point this week! Nearly time to #GetCorrected"

Galahad said:
Naturally, the Smiler looks wayyyy more exciting then Gold Striker no doubt! And here's 300 - Go me! Do I win summing?!

yep - you win a preview on the smiler, just go to guest services and tell them you're a winner. They won';t laugh, honest!

Galahad said:

You should win something.... but then you lose credit for mentioning Gold Striker in the same sentence. :lol:

Seems all but confirmed and the world's first is what most expected it all along.
935257_10151639097929402_1760887831_n.jpg

I've been told that the park will be testing Smiler when the park is closed to the public. They want the maximum impact when this ride opens.

Ian said:
I've been told that the park will be testing Smiler when the park is closed to the public. They want the maximum impact when this ride opens.

I hope some videos and images are released. Though I do wonder how many hours they have, to do testing each day.

Off topic, 'Krave' suites the Smiler well since the adverts have always been, odd.

On topic. Good to know that the promotion is patronising the GP by calling the inversions "loops". It gives the same general idea. But 'loop' cannot really be applied to a barrel roll element. There's more rolls in the layout than anything that resembles loops. Oh well.

They should have gone full-hog with the patronising terminology and called them"upside down bits".

Status
Not open for further replies.