What's new

60m Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills

Re: 60m Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills...

Dont see why not... you could probably stick an ORP on almost anything.

I would like to see one on there as there is a distinct lack of ORPs at PWH. I think only Wipeout and Timber Falls has one at the moment.

EDIT:

Actually the wave coaster also has one so maybe not that bad. Would like to see one on Enigma though.

Well if Ice Blast at Blackpool and Skyraker 001 at Flambards have cameras I don't see why this couldn't have one. I guess it just depends on whether the park want one or not.

Links work fine for me.....

I know their site can be a bit gay. It wont open the documents unless you've enabled pretty much everything your computer can enable.

Have you then clicked "View"? The public access sites can be a bit rubbish really.

I'm going to write my own letter of support.

This will be really good, i remember a few years back, they had 'mega drop' it was awsome.. miss magic mouse though... back in the good ol' days :L

^ I remember that too. Once, when I was too small for it, I was upset I couldn't go on it and the operator let me have a go at the controls for it. I left my brothers and someone who hated drop towers at the top for longer than usual. :)

This is 25m taller anyway and looks to be in the same place as Mega Drop.

Wavene District Council have confirm on their Twitter account that the application has been....approved!

Planning permission has been granted by #Waveney this evening for new 'drop tower' ride at Pleasurewood Hills in #Lowestoft

http://twitter.com/#!/waveneydc

So, the biggest drop tower in the UK is coming to little ol' Pleasurewood <3

Re: 60m Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills...Approved!

That's excellent news for Pleasurewood - hurrah!

I'm edging towards returning next year. Then again, if they're getting a £2.4m cash injection, with money set aside for tarting up Enigma, I may as well wait for that to happen.

Good on them, keep meaning to go back there.

As Ian said, there is a £150,000 upgrade planned for Enigma, which is well over due. Also, it's been confirmed that there is another major new ride on its way within the next 3 years.

Martyn B said:
As Ian said, there is a £150,000 upgrade planned for Enigma, which is well over due. Also, it's been confirmed that there is another major new ride on its way within the next 3 years.
In which case, I can't see me bothering to make a trip there until the major new ride.

It's good to see PWH blipping on the radar again, but it's still not enticing me to make the 450m round trip.

I think that's always going to the problem with PWH; unless you live in East Anglia, it's a PITA to visit. In comparison, Blackpool is 415m round-trip from Eastleigh on quicker, easier roads so I'd rather spend my money there. For now.

Great news for the park, it did need some TLC and investment when me and Jordan visited in 2009. It has great potential, but is hindered by locals. But this is hopefully a step in the right direction.

But like Ian said, not exactly going to make me go back.

What is involved in this Enigma refurbishment? New trains? On-board audio? Theming? Maybe even converting it to being indoors? :)