What's new

60m Drop Tower for Pleasurewood Hills

Drop towers a drop tower, the only good part of them last 1 second and that's when you 1st start to drop.

Be glad that they are not getting the one rainbow Magicland got.

Glad they're getting one, but a bit upset they didn't get the record breaker... It is my local park after all, would be nice to see PWH break into the thrill market a bit more.

marc said:
Drop towers a drop tower, the only good part of them last 1 second and that's when you 1st start to drop.

Be glad that they are not getting the one rainbow Magicland got.

Yeah but this is a Fabbri one, like at Thorpe. Hopefully it was still have 'launched' towards the floor feeling!

A Fabbri Mega Drop?

And people are MOANING? <///3

The larger 200ft+ tower would have been ground breaking for the park, and could have changed the future of it, leading to more major investments. Dont get me wrong though, these towers are great fun, but its nothing 'new' for my little home park, its not going to change anything, and people aren't going to flood to the park for it.

The one they were getting from Denmark was a mess though everyone that rode it on the live said it was bad and in a bad state.

Martyn B said:
A Fabbri Mega Drop?

And people are MOANING? <///3

The larger 200ft+ tower would have been ground breaking for the park, and could have changed the future of it, leading to more major investments. Dont get me wrong though, these towers are great fun, but its nothing 'new' for my little home park, its not going to change anything, and people aren't going to flood to the park for it.

A few extra feet is not ground breaking.

They haven't cancelled a 500ft Dive Machine, so calm down.

No, thats the thing, it would have been ground breaking for such a small park. It would have been the tallest tower ride in the UK, and the selling point of that alone would have been amazing for them.

I highly doubt the existance of Apocalypse will mean this is a failure.

And people who have ridden it are saying it was crap anyway?

You REALLY would have rather a taller ride that was crap than a smaller, good one?

To be fair, it was only 40 minutes ago that I heard it was supposed to be crap. And like I said, it wasn't to do with my personal preference (I love the Fabbri towers), but the Moser would been better for the park.

I guess the crap condition of it was why it fell through, but we'll never know.

^Totally getting what you're saying.

WE know that the smaller Fabbri tower is the superior ride. The marketing potential for the "Tallest Tower Ride in the UK!" has gone though. That would have got more people through the gates. This won't.

Why are people arguing that?

Because they've still got a nice, big drop tower to market?

They've lost ONE label, and I think people are seriously over-estimating how much the people of the backwater that Pleasurewood Hills is in care.

This was NEVER going to get the rest of the country to give a **** about Pleasurewood Hills, so, what's the fuss? They've lost one label, but, if they play their cards right they'll easily be able to get just as many people to ride it.

I'm not sure this would have been the tallest anyway.

The S&S at Fantasy Island is widely reported as being 200 feet. I thought it was a clone of Blackpool's 180 feet but not sure.

I'm with Ben, at the end of the day, they're adding a new ride. Surely that's a good thing?

I used to be the same slating new rides that parks got, but now, I'm not, the way I see it, they're getting new products for us to ride, be grateful.

^Also agree, In this economic climate they are lucky to be getting anything at all.

Now, if it is the one that was in Denmark and is in a bit of a state, will there be any refurb done on it before it reaches the park?

^ That was the one they were getting, but they're not now. They're now getting a Fabbri Drop Zone.

I'm not sure this would have been the tallest anyway.

The S&S at Fantasy Island is widely reported as being 200 feet. I thought it was a clone of Blackpool's 180 feet but not sure.

Thats a Space Shot though, not a drop tower. And I thought BPB's was 300ft? :lol:

I know the differences, but come on it still drops down so I don't think they should make a general claim over the tallest drop tower in the UK or anything.

Blackpool's is 180 feet above the ground, over 200 feet above sea level and 3.3 miles above the earth's mantle.

200ft above sea level?! That seems a lot considering it's at the sea... :?

They say it's 210 feet above sea level, actual height above ground is 180 feet I believe.

Wait?! Not being funny, but, In no way is Ice Blast 30ft above Sea Level. The prom wall is at most 15ft above the sea. That's it. I know the place well enough. Ha!