What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

owenjohn

Roller Poster
It's nice to see progress on this after a year of being in limbo. I'm looking forward to it when it opens and hopefully it'll do well end finally have a future at the park. I'm just a little concerned on how rough it might be due to being relocated twice and being standing but not operating.
It shouldn't really be that rough, the ride has never been SBNO as it's never been erected or used.

God have mercy

Roller Poster
It shouldn't really be that rough, the ride has never been SBNO as it's never been erected or used.
Thats fair enough then. I'm also liking the Silver and black colour scheme as once it's done it'll look fresh and stylish. I don't know how much exactly they've paid for this but wasn't it a rumour it cost 20 million or that's what Flamingo Land were saying?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I thought this had already been confirmed. 🙈🤣 Although I thought it was actually Invers10n...

Was that just a fan created name all this time then?

I believe that was originally coined by me back in 2019 (on this thread at least).

If they do stylise the name like that then I will be expecting VIP passes from the park for opening day :D

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've never noticed the protective wire around the lift hill cable on Intamins before... Do many others have it? I'm pretty sure Goliath doesn't (just checked photos)

Guessing Millennium Force doesn't need it, as they could run it through the supports.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've never noticed the protective wire around the lift hill cable on Intamins before... Do many others have it? I'm pretty sure Goliath doesn't (just checked photos)

Guessing Millennium Force doesn't need it, as they could run it through the supports.
I mean, we have the person who will know the answer on the forums already, but for the sake of throwing my hat into the ring.

Could it just be temporary while they've got the various MEWPs and cranes moving around the area for the repaint? To provide a 'barrier' in case of an accidental snag, or something?

Will

Strata Poster
Still zero love for the paintjob, but even if it brings me a step closer to making the trek to Kirby Misperton, I'm pleased to see the progress. There really was a part of me that was convinced I'd never ride this thing!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean, we have the person who will know the answer on the forums already, but for the sake of throwing my hat into the ring.

Could it just be temporary while they've got the various MEWPs and cranes moving around the area for the repaint? To provide a 'barrier' in case of an accidental snag, or something?
The other Rev. B 10 Inversion coasters also have it:-

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haven't checked this thread in a while... had no idea they were planning to repaint it... lol of course it's grey.

Seems like they're making progress to open it this year though? Hopefully??

Rupert

Mega Poster

You aren't far off, it does help protect the rope from blind cherry picker drivers but according to Intamin it is there to contain the rope if it breaks. Apparently, the lift rope on one of their rides (they didn't say which one) completely detached from the catch car when it got to the top of the lift. The loose cable then fell sideways onto a lower part of the ride.

The "cage" is designed to keep the rope over the winch so it drops straight down.

cocoa

Mega Poster
I'm sure this has been discussed at length (not going back through 50 pages lol), but it seems slightly odd to me to copy thorpe park's well-known layout. Surely there will be a large portion of guests who've been to thorpe before and will remember the back-to-back inline rolls and think somethings up. If you had built it farther away, or chosen a less memorable layout, I wouldn't expect guests to realize, but this one is pushing it a bit

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm sure this has been discussed at length (not going back through 50 pages lol), but it seems slightly odd to me to copy thorpe park's well-known layout. Surely there will be a large portion of guests who've been to thorpe before and will remember the back-to-back inline rolls and think somethings up. If you had built it farther away, or chosen a less memorable layout, I wouldn't expect guests to realize, but this one is pushing it a bit
I see your point tbh. Although I think the distance is enough, and I doubt the clientele overlaps much at all.

Fillc85

Roller Poster
I agree there isn’t much overlap in customer due to distance. Also being the revised model I think this will be the superior ride. Hell of a lot smoother and if we get the lap bar restraints I think it could be one of the best rides in the country tbh.

That would be it’s selling point, other than Icon I can’t think of another coaster in the uk where you go upside down with just a lap bar.

It could also mean colossus’ days are numbered, with the Merlin parks throwing a lot of money at their parks recently. I think shows they are at least wary about the London resort. So I think the question is how long would they be operating at the same time?