What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Apparently the name has been revealed as... Inversion.

Source

Does someone want to submit this in that 'Worst Coaster Names' thread or?

Also, that post suggests an opening of summer 2022, but still no exact date specified.
I thought this had already been confirmed. 🙈🤣 Although I thought it was actually Invers10n...

Was that just a fan created name all this time then?

Peet

Giga Poster

Source

Also, that post suggests an opening of summer 2022, but still no exact date specified.
Screenshot_20220127-135101_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have so many questions about this;
What is "kids pass"?
Did they really ask the RCCGB or do they mean RCDB?
Why is the grammar so bad - "A email", no apostrophe in lands?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
INVERS10N would have been funnier at least. And better.

Hate the graphic, feels very cheap.

Also, goon bugbear - they try to list the inversions in order, but then list the heartline roll before the quad roll. A stupid little thing, but when this thing reeks of stupidity and 'WHY?', it just adds to it.

And I would still love to know how this thing is costing them £20m.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Source

I still think Infusion is stupider. At least this coaster actually inverts. Infusion has nothing to do with tea.

Will

Strata Poster
Well, of course I hate the name (this may be snobby of me, but does it make sense to the average park visitor) - but then this is the park that brought us fairly pedestrian coasters called Zooom! and Velocity, as well as a coaster called Mumbo Jumbo. Hell, Kumali is the only thing there with a name I like.

But frankly, if I can get it on my cred count, they can call it Vagisil: The Ride That Cures Itchy Privates for all I care...

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I still think Infusion is stupider. At least this coaster actually inverts. Infusion has nothing to do with tea.
I like to think of it as a reference to the medical procedure. With the infusion consisting of "adrenaline" in lieu of medication. They're missing a trick by not decorating the trains with IV lines if you ask me.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I like to think of it as a reference to the medical procedure. With the infusion consisting of "adrenaline" in lieu of medication. They're missing a trick by not decorating the trains with IV lines if you ask me.

BPB's marketing team have made a number of mistakes in the past. If they bothered to research the name Infusion before opening it in 2007, they'd have realised it's also the name of Blackpool's premier swingers club.

I feel sorry for all the kids who found out the hard way (no pun intended).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
BPB's marketing team have made a number of mistakes in the past. If they bothered to research the name Infusion before opening it in 2007, they'd have realised it's also the name of Blackpool's premier swingers club.

I feel sorry for all the kids who found out the hard way (no pun intended).

I have (for reasons I do not understand) reasonably strong memories of getting ready for school one morning in early 2007, with GMTV being on TV in the background. They were running a news piece about Infusion at BPB, and how there was controversy about the name because of it being the same name as said adult club.

People upset it was stealing the name of a Blackpool icon, people outraged at what the kids would think, people saying it's just a word and not getting the fuss. Was a slightly weird news piece for what must have been like 7.45am.

I seem to also remember not being fussed by this new roller coaster up north, because I thought Nemesis looked better anyway. Oh how right young Josh was, for once...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Out of curiosity, why is it being repainted? I quite like the red and yellow, it looks very RCT :)
If I recall correctly, a repaint into a more muted colour scheme was required for the coaster to get approval. I think we discussed it somewhere earlier in the thread.

Will

Strata Poster
There's a bloody great blue and yellow monstrosity towering over the horizon there!!!

...locals are weird :p

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
As far as I know, it is going to be painted but I have yet to see the painters.... They really need to get their arses in gear because I'm putting the train on the track next week to start the comissioning work with Intaminge.

Hopefully we should be making a bit more progress with it now that me other rides are almost ready for the season as we are down to pretty much a skeleton crew.
Does this ride only have 1 train, as I was expecting?
If so that is pretty funny that it has the transfer track and everything and has 1 train at THE PARK of single train rides.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
If so that is pretty funny that it has the transfer track and everything and has 1 train at THE PARK of single train rides.

Tbf the transfer track will be useful to take the ride to a maintenance area to perform work on it. Not to say that such work can't be done in a station / on a brake run, but it's definitely easier in a designated area.
(I know this is a killjoy response)

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Tbf the transfer track will be useful to take the ride to a maintenance area to perform work on it. Not to say that such work can't be done in a station / on a brake run, but it's definitely easier in a designated area.
(I know this is a killjoy response)

Yeah I was thinking that as I wrote it. Still useful, but amusing in the park that has a Single Train booster bike, Kumali that had 2 trains (and run amazingly when it had 2 running a long time ago, until they removed it and cannibalised it), and Mumbo Jumbo which they often run with half the trains not running lol.

I am still excited to go back and try this one though, its my local park but I havent been for ages!

The number of trains is an ongoing issue as it was orignially sold to Hopi Hari with 3, then the broker sold it to us with 2 but only one actually showed up... The other 2 trains have literally been lost. That said, there is a possilbility one of them ended up in Turkey.

The transfer track is essential as it is physically impossible to do any kind of maintenance work on the main track. The maintenance track has removeable sections that let the wheel bogies dangle free.

Yeah I was thinking that as I wrote it. Still useful, but amusing in the park that has a Single Train booster bike, Kumali that had 2 trains (and run amazingly when it had 2 running a long time ago, until they removed it and cannibalised it), and Mumbo Jumbo which they often run with half the trains not running lol.

I am still excited to go back and try this one though, its my local park but I havent been for ages!

I'm not sure where you heard about Kumalis trains being harvested for parts because it couldn't be further from the truth. Both trains are perfectly serviceable and they get rotated around every year, the train that ran last year will spend the coming season in the workshop having its annual maintenance work done.