What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Pleased to hear they're banging out 90's and early 2000's tunes, just watched Mushroom's video and can hear similar in the background. Awesome.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Visited Mingoland for the first time yesterday, the addition of Sik finally tempted me…

SPITED. The coaster never opened, seems there’s something wrong with a wheel assembly on the back car, they’ve called for an engineer from “Slovakia” but assuming she meant and Intamin one from Switzerland?

Whole park is far more run down than I’d imagined. Was told Kumali is “smooth” for an SLC but it’s still terrible, Velocity has a good launch but the rest feels like cycling on cobblestones! Mumbo Jumbo boring, and then all the kiddie creds were as expected, kiddie creds. Perhaps Sik rides well but there isn’t a single coaster there that I actually enjoyed riding. Drop tower is fine though I guess but the extra seatbelt makes load times unbearable.

Luckily the park was dead, a staff member on Kumali said there were going to be a total of 360 something guests on the day. So dead that we had to sit on Kumali and wait for others to enter the queue as they needed 6 riders to dispatch.

I’m inclined to go back eventually to ride Sik but honestly the park is so dire that I might just accept defeat on this.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
they’ve called for an engineer from “Slovakia” but assuming she meant and Intamin one from Switzerland?
Believe the Intamin manufacturing plant is in Slovakia, while head office is Liechtenstein. Hence why the park mentioned the Slovak engineer rather than a Swiss one.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Believe the Intamin manufacturing plant is in Slovakia, while head office is Liechtenstein. Hence why the park mentioned the Slovak engineer rather than a Swiss one.
Correct. Intamin track is all made at Stakotra Manufacturing in Slovakia much like B&M track is made at Clermont in the USA. Which would indeed explain the engineer.

It's here if you're wondering