What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Matt N

CF Legend
All right then, so I'll presume that nobody cared. Let's continue business as usual in this thread, then.
Doesn't he have stuff like Thunder Mountain and Superman Escape from Krypton in his Top 10?
Krypton yes, but Thunder Mountain no. He does rate Tron ahead of Formula Rossa, though, which I find slightly strange, admittedly, from what I've heard about Rossa. It's all a matter of opinion, though!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I have Big Thunder Mountain in my top 10
2 of them in fact
z6AEFPp__x-qAk9-2-StDGfxJarYFWXXOAqCf7hQdCcSy8n0vo1BBiC8c22p6NvZpYJAOysw9oPH0dT4rnSz_X6f-9HbgzzOMF8SssxY7FE1hEEEO7zF2JCd659lMk1z9AMvXTX-QkA2yiTdQnq5CQ2rpfCNtukp0lQHCmrqlNgMNJrfnAL9O2Lag_PZjaMZLEOpxvomSnk_j2QKM0qW5q5XDsFqtEZ3gxppL25XNiOB3dx8DjZEvqgH_dypwgv_8gpdS7gmcyL5OXMCy8WlRn1aNRFXc0bQuYXyOQcmjyuVVzAEiiPefNsRU1LQzju3--O2Tqi-g1eo_SQQj2o_V39iDpmOICO8qtJVEVB1aclvBC9Lj3D-caROdxHZNsBcIZz8B6T5gVIwdS_4WCUuFeBTyH-7vKQ1Ru9KsgSO4zCRvm_7zITjM1iJkFn8euBxiH525KVL6ZTsEebVZl5kHE9S75Zg-olfxZZAVxe8mak5ojSaqaFxC9DEmjkqst0-5HpuPsrGSOrbTtd0Ctp0HFn8vgNov3R2ZwqfcESnAQDSjKMSz0Y9SRqsfAPk-QvW6PuIPJeAD5bJKgG9JOcRnBxpqWqMSAF5qOHaPeU=w567-h451-no

iac17

Mega Poster
Looks like Steel Vengeance is available for Fast lane plus again
We have good news regarding Steel Vengeance and Fast Lane Plus.

The manufacturer has completed adjustments to the ride, and we are now operating with an additional train.

Because of this, Steel Vengeance will be added back to the list of rides that accept Fast Lane Plus, beginning tomorrow, Saturday, June 2.

Thank you for your patience during this time – we know Steel Vengeance is on your list of rides to conquer at the park, and I can assure you, it’s well worth the wait!
link:https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/steel-vengeance-update---june-1

davidm

Strata Poster
So the last of us left at the Live, armed with FastLane, rode this non stop for an hour or so. We could have kept going only the park was shutting. Easily marathonable in our opinion, nothing bad about the restraints - only bad thing about the ride was the bugs, which as it got darker headed towards the lights ; so earlier on they infested the lift hill, later the station - ugh.

Fantastic ride obviously - best thing ever.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I had the chance to ride twice earlier in the weekend. To quickly note the MCBR - it is sometimes biting now. I assume they have activated some sort of speed sensor; we rode once with no trimming, and secondly with pretty moderate trimming. Even under moderate trim however, the later half of the ride is still a very forceful, disorienting ride.

Snoo

The Legend
I had the chance to ride twice earlier in the weekend. To quickly note the MCBR - it is sometimes biting now. I assume they have activated some sort of speed sensor; we rode once with no trimming, and secondly with pretty moderate trimming. Even under moderate trim however, the later half of the ride is still a very forceful, disorienting ride.

The Brits could speak to this more, but we rode it 3 times with absolutely no bite. You could barely tell there was a MCBR. The thing flies through there and the 2nd half is still legit even with that 1-2mph drop.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah tons of rides, no trimming. The drop off the MCBR was the spot with the biggest difference between front and back rows tho IMHO. Front it just rolls off gently, back there's proper pull and ejector (as you would expect).

davidm

Strata Poster
Having said that ^ I just went around and watched it cycle a few times (since I was just having a beer nearby). It is definitely making a trim like noise today that it wasn't the last 2 days. In the interests of science then, I've just headed into the Q (3/4 hour they say) to see what's up... More later...

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah just rode it in the back car. Trim stops the ejector off the MCBR in the back, second half still insanely crazy though, wouldn't worry about it much. (Still the best ride in the world*)

(* have not ridden all rides on the world - is best only based on a statistical probability based upon rides that I have ridden - but prove me wrong?)

Last edited:

codeman94

Mega Poster
Rode it twice on Monday. (both on Digger) It was running two trains.

First ride in Row 9: MCBR did not engage at all.
Second Ride Row 4: MCBR engaged quite noticeably.

Things you should know: I'm an Intamin fanboy. Never ridden an RMC before. Millennium Force, Maverick, TTD are life.

My overall impression is that it is a great, enjoyable ride. My first RMC. I can see why these coasters are so popular. I will however stop short of saying its my favorite. Mainly because it didn't do what I thought it would do. My ONLY complaint is that it is strangely "too refined." I wanted it to kick my butt a little more than it did. My favorite parts were the two lateral "surprises" (the first, right before the MCBR: the second, right after the 4th inversion.) I LOVED that. I wish it had more of that.

The first "top hat" has eye popping airtime. I'd never felt it quite like that before.

The engineering is incredible. I don't know how they made it so smooth. The final airtime bunny hops are so... "springy"... you just bounce, its crazy! I didn't know a coaster could to that! I thought they would be really violent and they weren't... and that kinda actually disappointed me a little.

I loved the ride. It was fun, comfortable, and I think, very rider friendly. RMC can definitely go higher and faster, and still likely provide a better experience than the other manufacturers out there.

Last edited: