What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The lovely @Error was at the park this morning. Based on his report, we can speculate the following:

• Corrective actions were put in place after the 5:00pm closure and prior to park opening today. It is not yet known whether these actions are interim or permanent.
  • Extra water dummies arrived at the park for testing purposes.
  • The ride is currently testing with two trains. They are holding one train in the station until the other is stopped in the brakes and awaiting the front train to dispatch the station. Essentially, they are trying to replicate the issue by overloading the trains with the extra dummies. Successful testing will validate a factor of safety.
  • The mid course brake run is grabbing the train, but it is acting like a typical mid course brake run and only shaving a few MPH off of the ride. Unfortunately, I do not have a shareable video.
  • While the park, RMC, and IOE are working diligently to open the ride, I'll bet that they have a go with three train cycling once they feel that they have successfully validated their fix.

Snoo

The Legend

So.. heres a video. :D

For those who remember, it would FLY through there with no braking at all. The change is almost superficial as Antinos noted.

Matt N

CF Legend

So.. heres a video. :D

For those who remember, it would FLY through there with no braking at all. The change is almost superficial as Antinos noted.
I don't personally think it looks that different myself, but we need someone to ride to properly determine!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
According to coaster studios it has reopened today. Rumour has it (someone commented) that it is running two trains now.

That's pretty much the same as what it looked like when I visited on Tuesday during their one train ops, so it definitely hasn't changed since then. I can attest that the second half is still fabulous with the brakes like that.

Matt N

CF Legend
Great to see that the brakes aren't taking away from the ride that much!

I'm keeping a keen eye on TPW's Facebook page to see what Sanbrooke thinks to it.

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't think you've really clocked how is yet. He is much different off camera.
In what way, out of interest?

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, glad to see the ride back on 2 trains! Wonder whether it'll run 3 any time soon?

Snoo

The Legend
In what way, out of interest?

Anyway, on a more on-topic note, glad to see the ride back on 2 trains! Wonder whether it'll run 3 any time soon?

Three? Maybe way down the line like next year but I have my doubts for this year.

Matt N

CF Legend
Three? Maybe way down the line like next year but I have my doubts for this year.
Ah right. Thanks @Snoo! Hopefully they can sort out the technical problems some time soon!

On a different note, we've just had another Steel Vengeance review go online if anybody cares at all:
Very interesting to hear that he can't decide whether or not it tops Wildfire!