What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Pear

Strata Poster
After that happened they transferred the Chess train on and on our train someone got stuck in the station and wasn't able to get their restraint up. Later in the day Digger was operating again.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
They were closing random rows while i was there and I wasn't sure why. Maybe that's it? They closed my row behind me after my last ride Sunday night but our restraints were fine. It was weird because you'd think they'd want get as many people through as they could, especially since it's one train ops.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
I saw them closing rows off from people coming in through the queue for 1 train, looked like for people using exit line passes. Supposedly they handed out a bunch when the bump happened.

Snoo

The Legend
I saw them closing rows off from people coming in through the queue for 1 train, looked like for people using exit line passes. Supposedly they handed out a bunch when the bump happened.
Those have been going on for a hot minute, since opening weekend. I bet they're continuing to use them if the ride closes early for some reason.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm hearing reports that the mid course brakes are active and grabbing the train as it rolls through this section of the ride. Some reports state that the brakes are biting hard, adding around 10 seconds to the final lap and nerfing much of the intensity in the second half. Other reports state that they are not biting as hard today and that the ride is still giving an intense experience.

In addition to these reports, Cedar Point tweeted that Steel Vengeance will close at 5:00pm today. Based on all of these developments, it sounds like a fix is close and it sounds like they are going to implement it prior to this upcoming weekend's Coastermania.

I guess all we can do is hope that it's a good fix and not a bandaid and that all three trains can run while still giving the wild, raucous ride that many of us have experienced already.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I rode it three times and still have a hard time processing it all. I truly hope if they need to use the MCBR it barely slows down the train because that second half is probably the best part of the ride with how relentless it is.

Snoo

The Legend
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'm preparing for it, especially if the plan is to run more than one train. Hoping you're right, though.

You'd be surprised. Having something being final, especially that large of a change in ride experience, unless 100% required, isn't likely. If they're playing around with the best settings, you will be your ass they will be dialing it up to 11 as it were to ensure the most fun.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Obviously hoping the multi-train issue gets fixed, but would prefer the initial intense ride not being neutered.