What's new

Your most embarrassing theme park moments

Peet

Giga Poster
Ah I just remembered one.

There were 3 of us visiting Lightwater Valley and we decided to take a ride on the dinghy slide. I very kindly stepped back and let my 2 friends go first. Once they'd gone down, the ride op told me the dinghies had to have 2 people in so I needed to wait for the next odd-numbered group. This didn't take long but the next odd passenger was a girl about 7 or 8 years old, who had to sit between my legs to go down the slide! I'm pretty surprised they pair kids up with random strangers like that but she didn't seem to mind. Naturally my mates found it hilarious and took pictures, luckily they don't use this forum!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I thought you could claim a permission card from somewhere?

You still can, did it the other day. Guest services handed the card to me with no questions asked but the ride staff were very unhappy about it. Took a fair bit of arguing before they called their supervisor over who eventually caved. Got the cred, so yay, but I guess it’s much less of a sure-thing now.

It was a bit embarrassing only because the staff made it so awkward; actually riding the cred didn’t feel that shameful. It’s not overly small and it was intamin’s first coaster after all. I used to feel more shame when riding kiddie creds (would sometimes skip them) but I seem to have gotten over it for the meantime and rarely feel much shame anymore. That’s the disease haha.

Anything really embarrassing I’ve done at a park has likely been imbedded deep into the darkest depths of my subconscious; where it shall stay.

Lofty

CF Legend
You used to be able to, but apparently they've put a stop to it as the past few people that have tried have been denied.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
When I was 16, we went on a trip to Bobbejaanland with some classmates. It was a pretty hot day and we decided to go on the parks log flume. I sat front seat and my classmates asked me to move as far to the front as I could, so they could get a little bit wet aswell. My knees almost touched the front of the log. When we returned to the rotating platform, I tried to get al little bit further to th back but noticed my both legs were stuck. When we were at te rotating platform, I was still stuck and an operator had to get inside the boat with me to pull me out but didn't succeed when the boat almost got away for another ride. Had to make a second ride untill my legs were freed.Horrible it was!

Matt N

CF Legend
I just thought of another embarrassing moment of mine that I'm surprised I forgot to mention!

Now this one is actually in a water park; it happened when my family and I went to Disney's Blizzard Beach in April. Basically, we were all riding the park's mat racer slide together, and we were all going fine until for some reason, I didn't manage to reach the finish line, so I had to carry my mat all the way down the shutdown lane to meet with my family again, who were all laughing at me! Rather embarrassing at the time when my family had all recorded fast times and I didn't even get a time, but quite funny to look back on!

PeteA

Roller Poster
Here is a true story unfortunately...…:D Beware graphic content contained within.

During a visit to a well known theme park with a large group of fellow goons, I wasn't feeling particularly well and I felt worse as the day went on.

Around lunchtime the said group all descended on one of the parks eating establishments. As we all got our food and sat down to eat it, I felt a few gurgling's in the old stomach region. I felt a fart coming on, so tried to do one of those discreet silent farts to release a bit of pressure.

Unfortunately I shat myself. Literally. :)

I excused myself and went with haste to the very busy adjacent toilets. Locked in a cubicle with my trousers around my ankles it became apparent that I had a problem. Luckily I had tight fitting junk pants on, so it hadn't gone onto my trousers. I didn't know what to do. I obviously didn't have any spare undies with me, as who does, so I did all what I could do.

As the toilets were so busy, there was no way I could walk out and put them into a bin, so I took off the covered undies, placed them behind the toilet, cleaned myself up the best I could and then packed loads of toilet roll up around my arse to act as underwear for the rest of the day.

I proceeded back to the group with everyone completely unaware of my incident. !!!

So sorry, if anyone was there that day and found a disgusting pair of undies behind a toilet or apologies to that person who had to remove them.

:)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Here is a true story unfortunately...…:D Beware graphic content contained within.
apologies to that person who had to remove them.

As someone who has worked as a cleaner at a theme park, I can assure you: the cleaners will have seen with and dealt with worse!

rob666

Hyper Poster
Jogged my memory of a recent favourite, but the embarrassment wasn't mine.
Thorpe, about three years ago, did a cheap overnighter with my nephew and our partners on freebie Sun tickets.
In the pen queueline for "I'm a Celebrity"...the sudden stench of a very sour fart.
In my best northern loud voice..."Which dirty sod dropped that then?"
Noticed one young head drop down an inch.
"It was you in the red stripey tshirt wasn't it. I saw your reaction."
Bloke next to him turns round and gives us the thumbs up, the queueline cheers.
Poor lad drops even lower.
Queueline "manager" strolls over to him and checks that he is ok, and confirms to us all that it was he that did indeed do the dirty deed.
Further cheers from the whole queue.

Last edited:

Ami

Roller Poster
I had to have been around 10 years old, I was terrified of all roller coasters still at that time, and my parents tried to force me on space mountain. I had such a bad panic attack that the ride ops made me get off before they sent the train out. I was so relieved to have been spared the experience, but mortified at the unanimous stink eye in the room

A few years later I was with some friends at Geauga Lake and I got pooped on by seagulls twice in one day. The first time I could take off my hoodie, the second time not so much. Had to get through the rest of the day with a poop coated shoulder and lapping the rapids a few times to try and wash it off

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread, but after today’s Thorpe visit, I have a new candidate.

Basically, we were heading into the park this morning to our first ride, but we decided we needed the toilet before getting in our first queue, so we went to the toilets in Amity. On the way out of those toilets to Saw (which we’d decided was to be our first ride) my dad suggested we take a shortcut directly underneath Storm Surge. This initially seemed like a sound suggestion, but we realised our error when a boat came overhead. I’m fully aware that water rides/water slides often have a tendency to drip little bits of water underneath their channel, however this was unlike anything I’ve ever seen; as the boat came over, what felt like an absolute deluge of water fell out from the underside of the channel, and it fell directly onto us and got the 3 of us unwittingly drenched! We may as well have ridden a water ride with how wet we got…

So the moral of this story is; don’t walk underneath Storm Surge when there’s a boat going overhead unless you want to get wet!

Heth

Mega Poster
I visited Efteling alone in January 2014. It was a really quiet day and one of my first rides was Vogel Rok. I entered the station and I was the only one waiting. I sat a the front of the coaster on my own. I did the ride, but by the time I returned to the station it had filled out.

So, I slowly rolled into the station from my solo ride to see 30+ people looking back at me...judging the solo goon.

cocoa

Mega Poster
I met a handful of online friends from the RCT community for the first time at phantasialand in 2019. We decided to go get a photo at the path around the lake, where I struck a sort of crouching pose and immediately tore my shorts all the way down the gooch from one end to the other. Black Mamba was a lot more, uh, thrilling after that...

(was a great day tho)

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Sorry to bump this thread, but after today’s Thorpe visit, I have a new candidate.

Basically, we were heading into the park this morning to our first ride, but we decided we needed the toilet before getting in our first queue, so we went to the toilets in Amity. On the way out of those toilets to Saw (which we’d decided was to be our first ride) my dad suggested we take a shortcut directly underneath Storm Surge. This initially seemed like a sound suggestion, but we realised our error when a boat came overhead. I’m fully aware that water rides/water slides often have a tendency to drip little bits of water underneath their channel, however this was unlike anything I’ve ever seen; as the boat came over, what felt like an absolute deluge of water fell out from the underside of the channel, and it fell directly onto us and got the 3 of us unwittingly drenched! We may as well have ridden a water ride with how wet we got…

So the moral of this story is; don’t walk underneath Storm Surge when there’s a boat going overhead unless you want to get wet!
The exact same thing happened to me a few years back. Was walking underneath just minding my own business then got absolutely drenched. Safe to say the folks in the queue line were entertained 😂

Matt N

CF Legend
The exact same thing happened to me a few years back. Was walking underneath just minding my own business then got absolutely drenched. Safe to say the folks in the queue line were entertained 😂
Thankfully for us, the ride had only just opened at this point in the day, so we had less people who could see us!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've had a few kiddy cred shame moments, nothing too awful.
I remember blousing out on the Black Hole on my first attempt though, we had queued up for ages and my dad was ****ing furious with me, never bloused again 😂
I've also "done a Griswold", but not really my fault.
Was due to go to the Haunted Graveyard at Compounce one Friday night, there was a nasty storm around and it plunged temps down to like 3 degrees C that night and they closed, put up a social media post but I had already left work (which was about 3 hours away) and was in the car. Didn't realise until I arrived. Looked like a right plonker.