What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Mystic Timbers was my favorite coaster at KI, hands down actually.
Diamondback was a bit lackluster, Banshee great but it just didn't have the same crest to break intensity and pure fun as Timbers.

Sheikra was my 2nd favorite at BGT and frankly I found Montu a bit underwhelming, even in back.
Perhaps the expectations bug got me.

And finally:
I really, sincerely, like Full Throttle. It was super fun. Good launch, like the hang time both in the loop and near the back when you do the reverse launch, I got pretty intense air going down the final....."drop" (though none over the top). In front yeah its OK but in back, I found it really fun.
In fact on a day when X2 was down...and TC wasnt open yet, it was possibly my most enjoyable ride at the park. OK well prob behind Tatsu, tough to compare for me since I got 1 on Tatsu (no fast pass, mammoth lines meant we got 1 ride in, which we were fine with because it had night ERT but they screwed up and let the public stay in line too long and ERT lines were also mammoth). I know its not highly regarded but I dont get why. Was a fun, punchy little ride.

Matt N

CF Legend
Right, I have a few additional ones after experiencing all that WDW has to offer over the past week or so:
  • Rock'n'Rollercoaster is my favourite WDW roller coaster and isn't overly rough.
  • Flight of Passage is overrated.
  • Tower of Terror is my favourite WDW ride.
  • Mine Blower, although not the smoothest of coasters, is not unbearably rough.
  • I remember Mako's airtime being stronger and more sustained than Mine Blower's.
  • I do not tend to watch shows in theme parks.
  • Slinky Dog Dash is one of the stronger coasters within WDW.

sirloin

Roller Poster
Right, I have a few additional ones after experiencing all that WDW has to offer over the past week or so:
  • Rock'n'Rollercoaster is my favourite WDW roller coaster and isn't overly rough.
  • I remember Mako's airtime being stronger and more sustained than Mine Blower's.
Get out of my brain! I have very similar thoughts. Among those, it's good to know that someone else thinks Slinky Dog Dash is brilliant.

Snoo

The Legend

Mine Blower rough? Who on earth said that? They crazy.

Matt N

CF Legend
Mine Blower rough? Who on earth said that? They crazy.
Quite a few reviews stemming from around the ride's opening called it rough. I don't have an overly high roughness tolerance by any means, but I wouldn't call Mine Blower unbearably rough, personally. I wouldn't say it was glass smooth, either, but I didn't go in expecting a B&M to start with. There was a little bit of a rattle, but nothing majorly unbearable. While I'd say Wicker Man (my closest comparison as a modern woodie) is smoother, I've certainly ridden rougher wooden coasters, and I've only done 7!

Do take this with a pinch of salt, however, as I only rode on the very front row. It may well have been rougher further back.

Snoo

The Legend
Quite a few reviews stemming from around the ride's opening called it rough. I don't have an overly high roughness tolerance by any means, but I wouldn't call Mine Blower unbearably rough, personally. I wouldn't say it was glass smooth, either, but I didn't go in expecting a B&M to start with. There was a little bit of a rattle, but nothing majorly unbearable. While I'd say Wicker Man (my closest comparison as a modern woodie) is smoother, I've certainly ridden rougher wooden coasters, and I've only done 7!

Do take this with a pinch of salt, however, as I only rode on the very front row. It may well have been rougher further back.

That was probably from those Florida goons who aren't used to some solid wood outside of.. well nothing.. lol.

Matt N

CF Legend
That was probably from those Florida goons who aren't used to some solid wood outside of.. well nothing.. lol.
Well, they used to have Gwazi, which apparently wasn't very smooth... I've also heard that White Lightning is quite rough now. To be fair, Florida only has 3 operating woodies now.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
  • The Swarm is dull and nothing to shout about
  • Saw is nearly as bad as SLC'S
  • Not a fan of Intamin. My current experiences range from Furius Baco, Colossus, and Rita (very rough rides which mostly get their roughness due to poor design or restraints) to Stealth and Red Force (OK rides). This probably will change though when i ride Maverick and Millenium next month.
  • I enjoyed Titan at SFOT. I always greyed out on the helix after the MCBR, not as good as Shambhala or Silver Star but still a really good ride that had some forces!

Matt N

CF Legend
I think Tidal Twister > Manta (SWSD)
Of course this sort of thing is a matter of opinion, but I'd be interested to know why you think this?
  • Not a fan of Intamin. My current experiences range from Furius Baco, Colossus, and Rita (very rough rides which mostly get their roughness due to poor design or restraints) to Stealth and Red Force (OK rides). This probably will change though when i ride Maverick and Millenium next month.
Now from my admittedly limited experience of Intamin coasters (all of the ones in the UK and Florida), I can partially agree with this. While Stealth is a very good coaster, Gringotts is a great dark ride, Thirteen is a great family coaster and Cheetah Hunt is nice for what it is, I'm not a fan of the OTSRs they tend to put on their more thrilling coasters because as you say, they often make the ride very rough from my experience.

However, I am willing to reserve judgement on Intamin until I've ridden some of their properly good coasters so to speak, as some of their work looks legendary!

Last edited:
  • Saw is nearly as bad as SLC'S
Damn that's a controversial opinion. You're entitled to it but I thoroughly disagree haha. Having ridden Saw probably at least 100 times (always go when Thorpe is usually dead and have multiple re-rides) after Stealth it's probably my favourite ride there and only on some occasions does it give rough rides, but nothing on the same level as an SLC haha

Snoo

The Legend
Of course this sort of thing is a matter of opinion, but I'd be interested to know why you think this?

Now from my admittedly limited experience of Intamin coasters (all of the ones in the UK and Florida), I can partially agree with this. While Stealth is a very good coaster, Gringotts is a great dark ride, Thirteen is a great family coaster and Cheetah Hunt is nice for what it is, I'm not a fan of the OTSRs they tend to put on their more thrilling coasters because as you say, they often make the ride very rough from my experience.

However, I am willing to reserve judgement on Intamin until I've ridden some of their properly good coasters so to speak, as some of their work looks legendary!

Yeah, get on some good Intamin. Hell, just visiting Cedar Point should change your mind. :D