What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
One take that I have that's apparently quite spicy is that I preferred Maverick in the front with the hard restraints(as opposed to back row with the soft restraints). Maybe Maverick was so overshadowed by Steel Vengeance that trip that it left me underwhelmed, or maybe I just got really lucky back in 2014 when I rode it first. Either way, it's dropped down since my first ride.

Another one is that I find Batman at SFGAm to be the best of the 5 B&M Inverts I've done. Granted you're comparing it to Raptor, Great Bear, Horntail, and another Batman(which is not as well maintained), but I still think it's interesting to say that one of the most cloned rides out there is the best of its class.

Snoo

The Legend
One take that I have that's apparently quite spicy is that I preferred Maverick in the front with the hard restraints(as opposed to back row with the soft restraints). Maybe Maverick was so overshadowed by Steel Vengeance that trip that it left me underwhelmed, or maybe I just got really lucky back in 2014 when I rode it first. Either way, it's dropped down since my first ride.

Another one is that I find Batman at SFGAm to be the best of the 5 B&M Inverts I've done. Granted you're comparing it to Raptor, Great Bear, Horntail, and another Batman(which is not as well maintained), but I still think it's interesting to say that one of the most cloned rides out there is the best of its class.

I'm in agreement on 1/2 of that. I do prefer Mavvy in the front just in general but love the airtime in the back when its not worth waiting for the front. Of course, I have been on it a few more times then you so I'm more dulled to it.. lol.

As far as Batman clones, I do think they're phenomenal as well with Batman at SFStl being my favorite but SFGAm not being far behind. They're definitely not MY favorite but far from subpar rides. I think because people have been on so many of them that they tend to rank them lower in some cases even when they are a better experience then other stand alone attractions.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Maverick is fab. It's been overshadowed by both Steel Vengeance and also Taron due to silly comparisons on different rides.
Ride Mav without riding either of those two and you fall in love, ride it after either and the airtime isn't as good, the restraints aren't as good and you'll find fault with most things.

Don't get me started on the trim whingers.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Me: Lightning Rod is overrated.
Everyone Else (2016): HOW COULD YOU?! IT'S THE GREATEST THING SINCE FURY 325!
Everyone Else (2018): Meh, Steel Vengeance exists. I see your point.
Just because Steel Vengeance exists doesn't mean that Lightning Rod is overrated though... It's not like LR dropped into 9th in my Top 10 just because Steel Vengeance is 1st. o_O

You're entitled to your opinion of Lightning Rod, but the quality of Steel Vengeance has nothing to do with the quality of Lightning Rod.

Efan

Mega Poster
Smiler, as long as you don't sit in the back, is easily the second best UK coaster, challenging Nemesis.

Matt N

CF Legend
Smiler, as long as you don't sit in the back, is easily the second best UK coaster, challenging Nemesis.
I agree that Smiler is a great ride; not my 2nd favourite UK coaster, but definitely in my UK top 5 (currently ranks 4th in my UK top 5 and is my overall #7!). Having said that, my favourite UK coaster is Icon, which I'm not sure is particularly common.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I haven’t ridden an SLC I didn’t kinda like *ducks for cover*

FYI: my list is T3, Mind Eraser NE, Gauntlet

Snoo

The Legend
Just because Steel Vengeance exists doesn't mean that Lightning Rod is overrated though... It's not like LR dropped into 9th in my Top 10 just because Steel Vengeance is 1st. o_O

You're entitled to your opinion of Lightning Rod, but the quality of Steel Vengeance has nothing to do with the quality of Lightning Rod.

This guy right here. LR is still incredible. :D

giphy.gif

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So today I was randomly thinking about the best drops I've experienced, so take a sip of water and get ready to spray.

Wonder Woman front row is my current favorite drop. Better than Dragster looking down, MilF, Lightning Rod, all of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster

I’ve ridden two of those three and would count them among the most tolerable SLCs for sure. Try a bad one and you’ll get all the “fuss.” Or if you want a crash course in SLC badness, just take a little trip to Darien Lake. :eek:

Edward M

Strata Poster
Try a bad one and you’ll get all the “fuss.” Or if you want a crash course in SLC badness, just take a little trip to Darien Lake. :eek:

I have been quite lucky with my SLC selection to the point where I'm kinda excited to see what the fuss is about. If I get to Walibi Holland and/or Canada's Wonderland this summer, I'll be able to join you all in the "SLCs are trash" category ;)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I have been quite lucky with my SLC selection to the point where I'm kinda excited to see what the fuss is about. If I get to Walibi Holland and/or Canada's Wonderland this summer, I'll be able to join you all in the "SLCs are trash" category ;)
Yes, the one at CW is bad. Yeah, for a long time the only SLC I had ridden was Mind Eraser at SFNE, and my general attitude was “Come on, they’re not that bad. I even enjoyed it, more or less.” Then I went on some bad ones and my response was “Oh.” :oops:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I can’t think of any torch-and-pitchfork-inspiring coaster opinions I have right now, but I can say that I prefer Time Traveler to Outlaw Run. That’s gotta be a minority opinion, at least.