What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Alpengeist is, quite frankly, Montu on terrain. It doesn't beat Montu for me however, but Alpie is still in my top 20. The cobra roll is very whippy and the coaster's roughness can easily be avoided if you just brace for the jerky spots - it isn't super difficult to do.

sirloin

Roller Poster
Hahahahaha. Fair point. I think I mentioned it before, though, but it's just due to some past memories (especially non-existent crowds) from there and the reasons around my visits to the place. Objectively speaking, I wouldn't submit it as a contender for best park in the world, but it certainly holds a special place to me. Europa, just about any Disney park, and many others are objectively "better" parks.

Hopefully that makes things a little less controversial, haha.

Snoo

The Legend
Hahahahaha. Fair point. I think I mentioned it before, though, but it's just due to some past memories (especially non-existent crowds) from there and the reasons around my visits to the place. Objectively speaking, I wouldn't submit it as a contender for best park in the world, but it certainly holds a special place to me. Europa, just about any Disney park, and many others are objectively "better" parks.

Hopefully that makes things a little less controversial, haha.

Nope! You said it's the best! Your word is your bond!

GotsFancyPants

Roller Poster
Coasters that stay closer to the ground are better because you can feel the speed more and they don’t have obnoxious FAA lights on the top of it that potentially kill the theme.

Torpaalle

Roller Poster
Balder at Liseberg is OVERRATED. Why? The layout is repetitive and the pacing is just bad. Liseberg is my homepark and Balder is fun, but it is not a 10/10 ride as many claims...

Last edited:

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Balder at Liseberg is OVERRATED. Why? The layout is repetitive and the pacing is just bad. Liseberg is my homepark and Balder is fun, but it is not a 10/10 ride as many claims...
Lots of people feel this way. I think it's ****ing great, but many don't rate it.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Soaring Dragon and Dancing Phoenix is better than most B&M inverts. There. I said it
Those who have ridden it will understand what I mean. Such a forceful invert with such a great layout

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Soaring Dragon and Dancing Phoenix is better than most B&M inverts. There. I said it
Those who have ridden it will understand what I mean. Such a forceful invert with such a great layout
Stupid thing was down when I went.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have a new one; even though it is a fantastic attraction, I feel that Flight of Passage is a little bit overrated. I also prefer the Potter dark rides and Spider-Man at IOA to it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of Forbidden Journey... I didn't particularly like it. It's way too dark, way too noisy, way too scary. It just throws a cavalcade of Harry Potter monsters right in your face with minimal transitions between them. It should have had more breathing room and more whimsy, and toned down the creepy factor by an order of magnitude or so. Looks like that Hagrid coaster whose name is a Potter novel in itself will deliver more along those lines.