What's new

Winter Wonderland 2015

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
cjbrandy said:
How much does this kind of thing at events in Europe and the USA cost?

Most of the major fairs here in the States, anywhere between 10-20$ to enter the ground and for all day (or half day sessions some places) armbands for rides run between 15 and 30$. But when I visited the State Fair of Texas back in October I was surprised they did not offer a pay one price rate. It was the first major fair I visited that was still running on tickets only. After spending about $18 to enter the fair, I spent almost $70 more on ride tickets. Rides averaging 8-16 tickets each Also, most US fairs *don't* have much when it comes to truly spectacular flats (maybe 2 or 3 truly epics) and the biggest coasters you will find are a standard Spinning Mouse, Wildcat, or Zyklon.

Here's my blog post from the Florida Stae Fair, one of the biggest in the US - http://amusementparkstuff.blogspot.com/ ... -fair.html (other big fairs being the State Fair of Texas, Minnesota State Fair, and Houston Livestock and Rodeo)

A more 'standard' fair here would look more like this - http://amusementparkstuff.blogspot.com/ ... -fair.html

Smithy

Strata Poster
Monumental improvement on recent years, massive wide open spaces, feels much bigger and is far better organised and rides grouped together.

Expensive, even the **** kiddy credits were £3 but finally got on the Ice Mountain indoor spinning coaster which was great.

Ballache trying to find them on coaster counter though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Swear I paid £4 for Alpen Hotel last year, yet it's now £6... how long until everything is double figures?!

In saying that though, the ride line up is really, really impressive. It's just missing a decent coaster or two.

JamesB

Mega Poster
Any idea on how busy it will be on Bank Holiday Monday? (28th) Was going to stop by on the way back from up north. Will be my first time, any recommendations on what rides to do?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Bank Holiday Monday will be dead. Any kind of leisure facility is notoriously empty during those days.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Went the other week and got on three of the rides. The new layout seems much less crowded which is good.

Wild Maus XXL was good fun. Nice little queueline funhouse bit which added to it as well. Chose Showtime over the XXL Afterburner and, what can I say!? I had envisaged that this one was going to be less intense but we got a crazy long, intense cycle on it with a direction change and lots of manual cycle features! Might have helped that one of the operator's friends was on board egging them on but it was amazing! Almost couldn't tell that it was even related Vortex or the park models I've been on at all! Maybe I am easily pleased (as some people hate afterburners) but I loved it! :D Well worth £4!
Finally got on the snow jet as well which was good too. :)