What's new

Winter Wonderland 2015

Smithy

Strata Poster
Seemed a bit naff last year so hopefully they've added a bit more to it this time round.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
They've announced Joseph Manning's Racing Coaster, kiddy cred that's new for this year.

Also the worlds largest travelling Ghost Train
12190047_990787164305975_1871763728934997987_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
I was going to the start a thread like I usually do, but it's always a **** ing disappointment.

This year's event is going to be HUGE, like 4 times the size, yet the coaster line is supposedly the same: Wild Mouse World.

nadroJ

CF Legend
4 times the size of last year?! That's monstrous! Of course I'll go, get pissed off, stuff a crepe in my face and **** off home, scolding myself for thinking it'd be a good idea XD

Ben

CF Legend
Yay I've got that Racing kiddie, praying they don't get anything I don't have so I don't have to go to the worst thing in London.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
From what I've heard, everything at this event is overpriced and expensive. Was thinking of going with bae this year but we'd rather not get nickel and dimed and save money for bigger and better things.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Yay I've got that Racing kiddie, praying they don't get anything I don't have so I don't have to go to the worst thing in London.
They've mentioned a new family coaster as well but no pics or owner info as yet.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Eh, it's a nice place to wander around at night, it is festive and it's only expensive if you fancy doing a lot of the rides or eating/drinking a lot.

And Alpen Hotel is incredible.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^Agreed, Alpen Hotel is fab. I didn't go last year and I do enjoy it because Christmas <3 I'll probably pop over at some point for the credzzz, and to have a go in the Alpen Hotel because it's fab and maybe that massive Ghost Train.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
After going to Canstatter Volksfest and Oktoberfest again, there's no point in pretending I'd be remotely interested in going to this.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ and that is what annoys me, with how popular this event is now, it should be up there with the likes of Oktoberfest.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I get what you're saying, but there's no need for it to be anywhere the level of Octoberfest because it already gets stupidly busy and rakes in a s**t ton of cash as it is.

People in the UK are happy with overpriced mediocrity unfortunately. Why bother making more effort when people are lapping that crap up already.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Haha so much negativity in this thread!

I've visited twice now and only ever done the starflyer out of the rides and just enjoyed the atmosphere walking through it all.

Tbh I am still impressed that we even have something like this in the UK at all but then I'm a basic bitch compared to all you well-travelled peeps so I am more easily impressed! I'm also interested in flats (and ride photography) not just coasters so a poor coaster line up doesn't ruin it for me. I will agree that it is overpriced though!

Do Olympia Looping and Alpina leave Germany at all/regularly?

Smithy

Strata Poster
To be fair, if you look at how it's increased in size it's hugely impressive, I do think they will have to start adding a few different bigger rides in the next couple of years to keep numbers high.

Martyn B

CF Legend
No Power Tower at this year's event, instead we have The Hangover, which I think is an actual free fall tower, and it's a lot bigger than Power Tower, at 100 (PT is 66m)!

560x315.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
None of the big Schwarz coasters leave Germany so don't get excited.

I really, really despise Winter Wonderland. You're in the greatest city in the World and that's how you choose to be Christmassy?!

Edit - didn't see that drop tower it's **** huge! Want! Damn it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ben said:

I really, really despise Winter Wonderland. You're in the greatest city in the World and that's how you choose to be Christmassy?!

Got a couple of days free in December and was looking to spend them in London, fully open to what you'd suggest that'd be better?

Srs.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Ben said:

Teststrecke does, but it's in Hamburg for the Winter, so that isn't going to be a thing... Others don't, so you're sort of right.