What's new

Winter Wonderland 2015

^ That stays in mainland Europe though, right? The extra costs of driving it into a neighbouring country would be minimal.

Even with the Channel Tunnel, the effort and costs of getting it into the UK aren't likely worth the hassle.

I didn't think they did move around much and the channel is obviously a faff. I don't see them neglecting German Christmas events to come and do an abroad one anyway, unless it's super special.

So the official map is out.
https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinter ... =3&theater

Thrill rides of potential interest (no idea if they're any good but they look interesting) include:

This:
sam_1988.jpg

This:
dom-bild-airwolf.jpg

(both of which people on the group seem to be pleased by.)

One of these:
megaspin2.jpg

plus some others like air, showtime xxl, a topspin, a capriolo and that new drop tower.
Apparently it's "almost twice as big" compared to usual this year.

Coaster line up is the exact same as last couple of years (Wild Maud xxl,Thriller, Reverchon x2, Euro coaster and Santa's sleigh) plus 2 new kiddy creds (one pictured on other page).

Martyn B said:
Coaster line up is the exact same as last couple of years (Wild Maud xxl,Thriller, Reverchon x2, Euro coaster and Santa's sleigh) plus 2 new kiddy creds (one pictured on other page).
Are any of these worth riding at all? The flat line up has always looked more interesting to me.

Apparently they had a supernova a few years ago. Shame that's not back as that would have been a blast from the past!

SilverArrow said:
Are any of these worth riding at all? The flat line up has always looked more interesting to me.
Wild Maus XXL and Ice Mountain are the only half decent creds, both Thriller and Eurocoaster are diabolically bad.

I'll be going down there, I'm interested in trying a couple of the flats, the Gyro Drop won't be worth the £10 they'll probably charge per ride though.
There's also no chance in hell of getting me on that Megaspin ride, that looks so awful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4ajQufzik[/youtube]

DelPiero said:
SilverArrow said:
Wild Maus XXL and Ice Mountain are the only half decent creds, both Thriller and Eurocoaster are diabolically bad.

I'll be going down there, I'm interested in trying a couple of the flats, the Gyro Drop won't be worth the £10 they'll probably charge per ride though.
There's also no chance in hell of getting me on that Megaspin ride, that looks so awful.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4ajQufzik[/youtube]
Thanks.

Yeah, it looks quite vom inducing.

Ice Mountain is sat at Margate, so are we presuming that's going to leave there shortly?

Hope so I need the CRED.

The one at Dreamland was closed the night we went for screamland and someone said it was leaving . My money's on it going back to WW.
I'd give the megaspin a go, but then I love disgusting flats

No idea how busy these things get, but how many hours do you think it would take to get all the creds and a few flats on a weekday?

The twice I've been, the actual queues were fine even though the site was rammed. It's free entry, but pay-per-ride, so a lot of people are there for the whole atmosphere of the place.

Getting on stuff wasn't a problem. Getting to stuff was more of a pain.

SilverArrow said:
Martyn B said:

Apparently they had a supernova a few years ago. Shame that's not back as that would have been a blast from the past!

XXL is worth a go once really, it's alright, but the queue is fun and I love the lighting!

Ice Mountain is just a standard Reversion spinner in a tent with disco lights. I quite liked Alpine Thriller, it's different and quite forceful for a Pinfari. And Euro Coaster is just...... awkward, but worth a go once.

I guess there must be 2 blue and white Rev's in the UK then, as the one at WW is almost fully built.

^There is, there's that one which is the one that was in Stratford etc then there's Ice Mountain, which is sat at Margate.

So if the normal Ice Mountain isn't going to be there what will it be?!?

Is it a new CRED?

^ The mouse inside this years Ice Mountain Coaster is owned by James Mellors and is named as Cyclone Roller Coaster/Magic Mouse and is a new cred, for me :)

Bollocks I got that at Goose Fair.

Ah well if I have the Clown Coaster thing as well I won't have to go to that abhorrent place!