What's new

Wings3D, Help thread (NL)

^When the object is complete on Wings. Export the file to you 'objects folder' in Nl along with all the textures you used. Then in NL click inset scenery and find you file. Then click on the screen and your object will appear. Then you can use the coloured nodes to rotate/resize the object to fit around your track. :)

This 3d modelling software is interesting, I'm currently using Object Creator but it's kinda hard when you wanna build a huge thing. I'm gonna try it :)

^I would recommend Wings over the Object Creator.

OC is just too limited. Wings is incredible.

Mind you, I've never really put in the effort to learn how to use it. I'd like to, I guess I'm just too lazy and I like building tracks that don't have objects.

The wings guys have made a pretty significant update to the program and have released a Development version that's called 0.99.5* (*=2 is the latest one). They have done a few changes to the menu system, where depending on which button you click will make some functions (the ones marked with a . in front and after it's name) do different things (check the bottom bar of the screen).

They have also changed some names of some stuff, so there will be some new stuff to get used to, but it shouldn't be a problem, but hey they are getting closer to the big 1.0!!

Hey loefet, I've got a problem. To the left of the main screen, the columns that should be there are blank white? Do you know what is wrong? If you need a screenshot, just ask.

Thanks Loefet.

What version do you use and, yes, a screenshot would be nice.

Here's the screenshot

wings.jpg

Interesting, I have no real idea on what it can be.

But I would recommend to update the program (or reinstall it).
If that don't help then you might want to see if your graphics drivers are up to date.

I did reinstall it but im going to update it. This is the reason why I don't have 3D's in my coasters.

forgot to update will do it now and I'll edit the post to tell you what happened.

EDIT: Did the same on the updated version :/

Have you updated to your latest graphic drivers?

Also test to just re-size the program windows.

^ Ok, so then updating your graphics card drivers might be the way to go.

I don't know what graphics card I have, I've got a Sony Vaio laptop. I hope its an ATI one but I have no idea. I'll try and find out now. I'll get back to you once I have tried updating it and tell you if it works. Then I can get on to nagging you on how to make 3Ds :--D

^ Check with the Sony drivers page to see if they have updates for you.

No problem, I'm glad to be of service.

Slash are you still having problems?

Then I would suggest that you read through this topic, and also check the other topics that are linked from it.

I guess that you might have Vista, and with so many other software there is a lot of trouble getting stuff to work correctly due to incompatibility.

Or you could just test this:
Code:
The solution for anyone with the image listed problem:
1. Right click the .exe, and pull up the properties window, select the "Compatibility" Tab
2. Set Wings 3D to run in Compat mode for WinXP SP2
3. Check the box that reads "Disable Desktop Composition"
4. If the problem persists, minimize, and maximize it once again, and you will be able to see the entire field
5. Running Wings 3D as an Admin may or may not help, of nothing works, try that in addition to the above steps

^ You were correct and it worked Loefet!!!!

Thank you so much, you are brilliant, it started working on step 5!

Thank you Loefet, that has made my day!

^ No problem, I stumbled upon that on the Wings3D developer board while having a quick look on the change-log of the newest update.

Mmkay, so Wings is being a biath to me. I have the .54 and the .09 versions, and both have this wierd way of coloring objects faces and such. I have been trying to color the objects like I normally would, but I can't find the setting for making the objects transparent. I'm trying to make windows, but I keep on comming to the same result. Where is the transparency setting?