What's new

What Parks do you know like the back of your hand?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Flamingo Land, considering our family used to spend a week there every year until I was about 18 I knew everything, including the zoo areas. I probably go enough times each year to update my knowledge of any new modifications!

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Most of the ones I've been to. I have a really good memory when it comes to that.

As far as perfection? Cedar Point.. easily. I know every bathroom, back route, short cut.. ect ect.

This has intrigued me. What do you mean by back routes and short cuts?

thx

Mega Poster
Linnanmäki, Särkänniemi, Liseberg and I think I could add Tusenfryd as well. The next would be Parque d'Atracciones Madrid I think, spent almost 1.5 days in there. There are quite many parks that I can navigate myself well around in, as I have a good sense of directions anyway, but not that I would like exactly know where every toilet is etc.

A

Anonymous

Ones I know are KI, CP, and SFKK. And the Stratosphere Tower of course. Anyone who's been there once knows it.

Snoo

The Legend
QWERTYkid911 said:
SnooSnoo said:
Most of the ones I've been to. I have a really good memory when it comes to that.

As far as perfection? Cedar Point.. easily. I know every bathroom, back route, short cut.. ect ect.

This has intrigued me. What do you mean by back routes and short cuts?

Well, at CP, there aren't too many, but routes which can take a normal walk down the midway and cut the time in half. I actually know more at Kennywood now I spent a day there.

RCF

Strata Poster
Definitely SFOT. I went there so many times last summer I know where everything's at. All the rides, and all the restaurants. Kings Dominion I pretty much figured it out but still some bits and pieces I can't find. Going back in August. :p

james6

Roller Poster
I would say I know Chessington, Thorpe and Alton all extremely well :)

But like others, at new parks you get to know your way around pretty quickly

A

Anonymous

Probably Alton Towers and Port Aventura, though Alton's new attraction next year might mean I don't know it all for a bit.

A

Anonymous

SFNE

Six flags new england. I could go through there blindfold :--D ed

CMonster

Giga Poster
My friend and I recently went to BG Tampa. We rode the big rides in about an hour, and then spent another hour figuring out whether the skyride's faster than walking, which way to ______ is faster, ect. :lol:

Tjex1

Roller Poster
Mainly Thorpe, Chessie and Lego L, as I live fairly near them and went every fortnight when I had a pass

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Cedar Point. Like Snoo said, I know where everybathroom is, where you can buy a funnel cake and whatnot and I know where all the smoking areas are. Its kinda scary how much I know. :lol:

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Pleasure Island
Alton Towers
EPCOT
Disney's Hollywood Studios

I know these two the most. These two parks I could draw on paper and have every single path down. Well, I might struggle with the gardens, but you get the idea!

Thorpe Park
Chessington

These are together in the sense that I know them extremely well, and can imagine everything, but I couldn't name you things like shops n toilets n things.

Disney is a funny one. I used to be so good with the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, but after you've been to Disneyland Paris and Disneyland a few times you get confused! We were trying to book a meal for New Years Eve in Florida and my Nana was trying to get one at a restaurant which is in California ha! Daft things like toilets and shops get very muddled up in my head, so now it's not as clear as what it used to be!

Disney's Animal Kingdom is another too. It's much larger and has much more windy pathways then the other parks in Florida, so I wouldn't say I know them 'like the back of my own hands'.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I know Disneyland, Knott's, and SFMM pretty well. I can give you tips on when to ride what, best places to sit, best times to go to certain rides, etc. but I haven't memorized every food area or bathroom quite yet...

I probably know SFMM best out of three, because I've gone there the most recently, but I've really only been going to the park's "officially" for a few years...(I've always gone to KBF and DL, but I used to be scared of coasters and not really pay attention to where things were other than rides).

I dont think I've ever needed a park map at the parks. Even on my first visit to SFMM in 2006, when I didn't ride one ride, I knew where all the coasters were. I also don't think I needed a park map on my Midwestern Trip this year to CP, Kennywood, KI, Coney Island, SFKK and HW...had those parks memorized too.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Very Well:
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Universal Studios Florida
Islands of Adventure
SeaWorld Orlando
Busch Gardens Africa

Pretty Good:
Cedar Point
Six Flags Over Georgia
Kings Dominion
Busch Gardens Europe

Slash

Giga Poster
To be honest, I have a knack for looking at a map and being able to guide myself around a park. (I have a photographic memory, to an extent)

So... every park ive been to, I know like the back of my hand. Im being serious. I won't get lost.