What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Nemesis clearly. It was quite forceful when I went on it last weekend but my god was it rough. It was rougher than ****ing Corkscrew and that's saying something. I do like Nemesis but tbh it isn't all that and is not the best in the UK.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Rita is quite over-rated, it's in my opinion, only good at the front.

Air is sort of over-rated as it's ****, forceless, uncomfortable, rough and has a dull layout. And still some people enjoy it!

Colossucks, how the very few who like it, actually like it is beyond me.

Infusion, it's utter ****e, the worst bog standard SLC I've done.

I find it hard to figure out a good example of this, which is why I've picked rides I hate (bar front row Rita)

Ollie

CF Legend
^I like Colossus and think it's the best coaster in Thorpe. But hey, each to their own.
Infusion is actualy one of the better SLC's I've done as at least they attempt to try and make it better by adding the water.
And Air is dull and forceless. But it's certainly not uncomfortable or rough.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
^I like Colossus and think it's the best coaster in Thorpe. But hey, each to their own.
Infusion is actualy one of the better SLC's I've done as at least they attempt to try and make it better by adding the water.
And Air is dull and forceless. But it's certainly not uncomfortable or rough.
I won't mention anything about Colossucks, but Inferno is clearly the best coaster at thorpe :p

Infusion, although they tried to make it better, I believe it was worse than when I rode it when it was Traumatizer.

And I really find the Air trains uncomfortable, and recently I've found it quite rough, making it worse than before.

But hey ho, everyone has their own opinion.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I think Stealth is the best coaster at Thorpe. By far.

Inferno is just incredibly boring after a while, and Colossus, well.. Colossucks, as people might say.

Either way, they're all a bit over-rated.

As for Air, I actually really enjoy it still, despite having ridden Tatsu and it being my favourite coaster.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Every coaster is overrated really. Nothing ever lives up to the excitement beforehand.

But Rita really tops it. There is nothing enjoyable about that thing what-so-ever. Absolutely no thought went into that horrid trackwork. Wrecked Ugland aswell.

I will stick up for Air because its a good ride, but dangling in the brake runs for half hour is never good. I think every ride I have had on it, I have got stuck on.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I will stick up for Air because its a good ride, but dangling in the brake runs for half hour is never good.
I hate it when people judge a ride like that. If the ride before the brake-run is good, then that's all that matters.

The brake-run isn't meant to be part of the experience, it's just meant to bring the train to a halt.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Air is only good when other flyers have yet to be experienced.

But even I haven't experienced other flying coasters and I still find it over rated.

Air is like jerking off really, you know you'll be bored of it after more experience.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Ormerod said:
Air is like jerking off really, you know you'll be bored of it after more experience.
LMFAO, how random.

Yeah I've thought of another one :)

Stelf, lots of people love it, dunno why. It's like 5 seconds long (while reading do not read my username - it doesn't mean I like it :roll: )

Kebab

Giga Poster
Rita. The layout is awful; the theme is awful; rough; lacks airtime; really dissapointing compared to the other coasters in the park. And compared to previous Intamin Rocket experiences, Rita is shameful. I don't know how it has an 8? A 5-6 would be passable.

I suppose it's one out of two in UK. It has to have biased ratings.

I think AIR is fine. an 8: Its not over-rated at all :?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ormerod said:
Air is only good when other flyers have yet to be experienced.

I hate Tatsu...

I like Air...

In addition I've found most accelerators to be over-rated... Rita seems to be tearing itself apart and was rougher than Corkie last time I went... Seems to be good the first few times but then you just anticipate it...

X was also over-rated... Not knowing what X2 is like I cannot rate it now though... But the original was not as good as expected...

Same for everything in California's Great America really... Top Gun was one of the worst Inverteds I've been on and it was the best ride in the park...

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Stealth is so overated for a 8 second ride ! Personally, I prefer Rita because at least you get more then 30 seconds worth of riding!

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I actually think Nemesis is underated. People always talk about Rita and Air when they're on about Alton. Us enthusiasts and club members all know that Nemesis is the queen of Alton but the GBP usually rave about the other rides before Nemmie.

The most over rated IMO is PMBO at Blackpool. Its overhyped to the extreme and falsely advertises itself as the 'tallest, fastest, steepest roller coaster in Europe, pulling G Force's of 3.5G' which is untrue. Its a great ride and I love it for what it is, but there are much better coasters in the UK.

In the US its got to be 'Top Thrill Dragster' or 'Kingda Ka' because they are so huge. I never really enjoyed either of them to be honest and expected more from the launch on KK. Intamin Rocket Coasters are probably the most over rated coasters around and sadly people expect something amazing and out of this world. For me they just don't do it.