What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

Crow

Mega Poster
I personally feel Rita Queen Of Speed is an overated ride. My freinds seem to love the thrill of the launch however I'm less keen. The ride is fast but rather boring in my opinion. I understand that Alton Towers suffers from the height restrictions and therefore are obviously very restricted with what they can build but I still feel the ride has an unimagnative track layout.

This is not the only thing which frustrates me about this coaster. I adore themeing and Rita is one of the worst supposedly 'themed' rides. It has an american race track theme which runs right the way through Ugland, the prehistoric themed area.

It dosn't match any of Alton Towers' ride quality. Oblivion, Nemesis and even spinball and air have been themed better then this monstrosity! :x

cobra_roll06

Roller Poster
Montu - I used to love this, but I rode it in August and was very disappointed. The first half was fun but not nearly as forceful as I remembered. Plus the trims pretty much kill the second half.

Dragon Khan - Yeah, it was good but I was expecting more. But I got to admit, at night it's a totally different ride. Pure bliss!

Grand National - It's a laugh when riding with mates on the other train but the ride itself is just ok.

A

Anonymous

Millennium Force.

Easily the worst "mega" coaster I've ridden. There was a little floater air, and one hill with mild ejector air (the last small one). I don't know, it's just not my thing.

I think I ranked it 15th out of about 80 coasters in my steel poll ballot, and it came in higher than that out of 350+.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Space invader or Nemesis. I know it sounds stupid, bt i have to agree with what the other guys have said, its got alot rougher lately.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I want to say nemesis but i cant its brilliant ( though it has got rougher ) im going for rita, because its overrated by alton towers, saying you thought nothing could top nemesis which is true, but then they say rita is better.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Just about anything currently at Thorpe Park or Alton Towers, when you are reading this forum, anyway.

As for under-rated, I'd point my finger at Thundercoaster, but mainly because it isn't in the most popular of parks and doesn't get the attention like Balder brings to Liseberg. Rode it in 2007 and it was an unbelievable ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^You should have ridden it in 2006. It was pure awesomeness, but GCI managed to kill it completely in 2008. I hope it will need another retrack soon, and that someone else does it. Or that they manage to haul in a deal with GCI and buy a couple of Millennium Flyer trains.

Loopen is overrated. Everyone says it's bad, but it's even worse. To call it a dull, painful waste of space is a compliment. Too bad that there isn't much else that can fit in its space, even if you demolish the haunted house.

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm suprised this topic hasn't look pretty much like this:

Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis

Kebab

Giga Poster
Jools said:
I'm suprised this topic hasn't look pretty much like this:

Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis

Practically it has :lol: Look back a page or two you'll see the majority putting Nemmie down. It's not the greatest coaster in existence and it is "slightly" (not significantly) over-rated.

Rita is simply the most over-rated ride. But I beg to differ after riding "Stampida", which felt more like being massacred by a stampede. And an average rating of 8 is truly out of order. :?

A

Anonymous

Harvey said:
I rode it before the re-track, so I know, what a totally amazing ride, :D
They had already managed to ruin the first half of the ride, especially the insane airtime the big hill had.

I have two overrated coasters I would like to name, Silver Star and EGF. When I rode them 2.5 years ago I didn't really get that awesome feeling I had hoped for.

Jools

Giga Poster
Crow said:
That may be because Nemesis is genuinely a great ride! :roll:

Yes I agree, but on past topics identical to this, that's all what people seem to put :?

A

Anonymous

It is interesting to me that Nemesis is thought to be overrated by a lot of people.

I have never been near it, but prior to reading this board, Ben was about the only enthusiast I knew that didn't really like it.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
coasterchris93 said:
But I beg to differ after riding "Stampida", which felt more like being massacred by a stampede. And an average rating of 8 is truly out of order. :?

Most of those votes are from when it had the old trains though.

Slash

Giga Poster
Jools said:
Crow said:
That may be because Nemesis is genuinely a great ride! :roll:

Yes I agree, but on past topics identical to this, that's all what people seem to put :?

You mean this one, if you look at page one and two it goes

SheiKra
Nemesis
Balder
Nemesis
Silver Star
Nemesis
Nemesis
Nemesis
Silver Star, SheiKra, Ghostrider

and thats just the first page!

I don't think Nemesis is over rated. I believe it deserves its 6th place in the Mitch Hawker poll. Its incredible!

Oh yeah and UC, you had already posted in this topic, but your second post was better so I don't care :wink: