What's new

What are some of the best hangtime coasters?

GotsFancyPants

Roller Poster
Hey everyone on CoasterForce! I feel like hangtime is often overlooked by coaster fans and is just as fun as positive gs or ejector airtime for me. What do you think are some great coasters that focus on or have a couple memorable hangtime moments?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Copperhead Strike is my first pick out of what I've ridden, although I haven't done Monster, Full Throttle or HangTime at Knotts.

Peet

Giga Poster
Full Throttle would be the pick of what I've ridden, unless you enjoy hanging at the start of a B&M wing coaster

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
^Don't you be joking about my 500th LOL.
On a more serious note - Monster at Adventureland. If you like hangtime, you'll love this Gerst Infinity. Can't think of another that has more.
Oh yeah is that the one where it looked you were gunna stall in every inversion and high turnaround? Do imagine it'd be tough to beat that

As others have said, Full Throttle has some good hang. I actually got a roll back on it!

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Monster at Adventureland is probably one of the best coasters for hangtime. The loop actually provides some of the best out-of-your-seat moments on any coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm partial to the B&M hangtime barrel roll on Wing Riders I guess - but like @LiveForTheLaunch, it's something more tolerated than enjoyed.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Its funny, at first I didnt care for it. Volcano deff comes to mind, and I guess Hydra too. But now I enjoy it. Guess it also could depend on the restraint.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah probably the dive drops on the wingriders. They're a fun and different way to kick things off, and the seating arrangement makes it a bit more interesting depending on where you're sitting. If you want your slow hangtime you can sit towards the front, if you want something a little quicker obviously you have the back as well.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I don't like hangtime in general, but I found the loop on Full Throttle pretty great. It helps that it wasn't too prolonged. Don't particularly mind the B&M wing dive drops, but, let's be honest, a good ole' traditional drop would be better on every one of them.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I agree. Unfortunately, I haven’t ridden any other hangtime-focused coasters — would the heartline rolls on Mystery Mine and Dare Devil Dive count? Either way, those may have good hangtime but Copperhead Strike’s is amplified by the minimalistic lap bars and multiple moments as opposed to just one or two on the Euro-Fighters I’ve ridden (See above).

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I'd like to say that Copperhead invented something new beyond hangtime in the first loop - floptime. The sensation of flopping downwards out of your seat while upside down. Love it.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
From the looks of it, Capitol Bullet Train at Motiongate Dubai’s loop looks to provide a similar sensation to “floptime”!