What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I don't get why they haven't shifted more of them. Has anyone got any idea on a price tag for one of these?

I'd much rather see one of these than a Volare any day of the week, but if there's a big price difference, which I think is likely looking at the two, parks will keep going for the Volare.

Jake

Strata Poster
I think capacity is the major issue. I guess you could run 2 trains on one, but that would be it.

It was better than a Volare, but that's not saying much!

The lift hill was really cool because it was like going up a stand up drop tower? Apart from that it was pretty vile, especially the brake run on the dive loop <///3.

As for the Looping Toboggan, EUGH. I thought I was going to die.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Fantasia Special's triple corkscrew..one of a kind

Fantasia%20Special%2004.JPG

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

^ It's the smoothest Arrow looper I've been on. The corkscrews are actually excellent.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The only inversion to make me feel slightly nauseous was a pretzel loop.

If corkscrews make you puke, you're a pussy!

reddude333

Giga Poster
I personally am a fan of double corkscrews so I imagine this would be fun. All the better if it's smooth although the restraints probably still suck so it would probably be a one and done for me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The kid in the third picture looks terrified! Haha! I want a go! :p

Coaster_Phil

Roller Poster
Good lord, that thing looks lethal! I'd never put my kids on it!

Did anyone notice the kid's left arm in the first picture is half the length of the right one??

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That's actually terrifying. The only thing that would give me reassurance is the fact that the coach weighs next to nothing.

BBH

Giga Poster
Coaster_Phil said:
Good lord, that thing looks lethal! I'd never put my kids on it!

Did anyone notice the kid's left arm in the first picture is half the length of the right one??
That's called perspective, sir.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I dunno, guys. I think that kid may be a genetic freak.

Antinos said:
That's actually terrifying. The only thing that would give me reassurance is the fact that the coach weighs next to nothing.

How about those office chair wheels that they're using as upstops? Sure would set my mind at ease.

Also according to RCDB's entry on the first of these Auto Sleds, it was built using PVC pipe, making it neither wood nor steel, but a "plastic" coaster. How many of those have there been over the years?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah we have had that in here before, but I guess that's the problem when you have a good topic that gets used a lot.

Anyway, some of these are worth looking at again!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I rode one of them. (It was in Canada.) it was actually quite fun and I paid extra to ride a couple more times.

Oh, and the upstop wheels are actually in-line skate wheels, just like the road wheels.

Dar

Hyper Poster
And a POV!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrpucxcBCsk[/youtube]

No thanks. :p