What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

tks said:
Thank god for mute buttons. Yeh that's blatently not a cred..
Too true, I mute YT & my Mac just to make sure NONE of his voice gets through at all </3

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

That one I'll have to ride and decide if it's a coaster or not. At the moment, I don't think so.

Jake

Strata Poster

I really don't see why that's on RCDB yet the metal bobsleigh things aren't. Hell, even the alpine coasters aren't and they're MUCH more cred-esque.

I know there has to be a boundry, and that the metal bobsleighs aren't creds either, but I don't understand why Duane has put slope shooter on the site.

This is pushing it too to be honest:

http://rcdb.com/884.htm?p=0

Martyn B

CF Legend

That tiny little park in Yarmouth is ALWAYS brought in cred discussions! :lol:

The Tyrolean Tubtwist is basically just a powered/spinnig version of that car thing and I genuinely think the only reason its on RCDB, and why people count it, is for sentimental reasons. Its kind of the closet thing we have to a Virgina Reel. We'll call it a coaster, there for we can call it a Virgina Reel!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I find it rather "wierd" that this topic is almost 40 pages long, more than two years old and has had regular activity all the time it's been up, yet nobody have corrected the spelling error in the title.

Jake

Strata Poster

^ Haha, I did notice it a while ago but couldn't be bothered to say anything. I guess I assumed a mod would change it.

Evidently not. :).

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Slope Shooter is in there because it's an interesting conversation piece and a couple of them have slight uphill slopes. That one does too, in fact. You can really only tell from off-ride.

What was said up there about Tyrolean Tubtwist is spot on. It is the last, closest thing to a Virginia Reel (most of which didn't coast uphill). It is there for sentiment mostly.

If Duane ever gets to ride them, and decides against inclusion, he'll pull them out. For now, they remain.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Forgot to mention: The thing that most tools say removes Mountain Coasters from the list of coasters is that you self operate the brakes.

I don't understand it, I just know that's the "common" complaint.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be honest, I've never saw them as "Roller" Coasters, ever, I've saw them as Alpine Coasters. I think there's a CLEAR difference, If you're gonna call one of them a coaster, you may as well call the ProSlide Rocket's as a "Roller Coaster". Yes, whilst this doesn't have wheels or such, it's still NOT a Roller Coaster...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Surely by that logic if I put my car in Neutral and roll down a hill it's a credit then? :?

Gazza

Giga Poster
It's gotta have a section of track where it rolls uphill by itself.
That's why Mack Boblseds count, but Alpine Coasters/Toboggan Runs don't count.

Jake

Strata Poster
Interesting 'brakes'...

lrm250l21o4g1m2g0070im.jpg

642001o6lgh858ocl0gdgk.jpg

They make a weird noise too, skip to 3:08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQywWcwinR0