What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

UC said:
Gavin says the airtime on those things is really, really good.

The first drop on Big Boom (the blue one with the **** ed up brakes) is MENTAL. I'm sure it must have been the steepest drop, or at least very close, until the dive machines came along. Then factor in that it has a regular train and takes a little run up to the drop. The backseat is insane.

Just how wrong is this?!

gh3k56mg4d0001jflth50b.jpg

It's obvious he's talking about the train.

A train commonly associated with one type of kiddie coaster is on a totally different type of kiddie coaster.

He's not asking you to work out the riddle of the Sphinx or anything guys.

^Allou Fun Park in Athens, just to spoil Lofty's fun.

Did you know he's been there?

Yeah, I knew it was THAT, I just didn't want to post the whereabouts of the coaster so people who think they're amusing can try and take the piss out of me BECAUSE I WORKED AT THE PARK INSTALLING THEIR NEW ATTRACTION WHICH IS A MASSIVE SUCCESS AND THE MORE POPULAR IN THE PARK - It's true, I've got the stats ;)

Ben said:
It's obvious he's talking about the train.

A train commonly associated with one type of kiddie coaster is on a totally different type of kiddie coaster.

He's not asking you to work out the riddle of the Sphinx or anything guys.

It's still a kiddie coaster, and hell, the trains aren't even the same if you compare the two. What I find more weird is that Allou Fun Park has two Big Apples, an actual Big Apple model and a Tivoli.

Ben said:
Oh Lofthouse, we all cared the first fifty thousand times we heard it.
Well, I don't apologise for being passionate about something and proud that I've done something productive with my life ;)

For those of you that didn't see the Galveston Pier - Iron Shark update:

556082_329823683749221_177272299004361_932202_2088665217_n.jpg

It may not be weird, wacky or strange in your book, but it's definitely ingenious.

It's all in the material selection. Type of material, thickness, and defects all play a part in it. They're probably using iron for both the track and supports and the support tubes are probably 1/2-3/4 inches thick. In addition to that, there's that other tube coming off at an angle attaching to another support somewhere.