It is very common.

millennium7.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
This coaster has some pretty strange banking:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNTtXIzUwN4&feature=channel[/youtube]

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Any topic with lists is good for me, but the weird and wired is right down my alley.
These are my strange looking credits:
Great Bear
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Pteranodon Flyers
Superman Krypton Coaster
X-Coaster

One that I should be riding this summer is called a coaster, but I am not sure about that.
http://rcdb.com/4094.htm?p=23526

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Riverside Cyclone's drop. Not only does it have a strange turn half way through, but you can see the old track below it:

3os28gc0dlgis22dg0mg00.jpg

Found on RCDB.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Every turn on Texas Giant. It just seems so unnatural and Sim Theme Park-ish to me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Those seats look comfy. :p
That thing has DEATH written all over it! :shock:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The short run-up to the massive vertical bit makes think that a computer wasn't invovled in the design. It's a perfect L shape! :lol:

2jif5iahf1s870q8ddi000.jpg

OMG I've seen that Asian rip-off of Superman and it does look like death haha. I say it would go like halfway up the tower, at best. But seriously, why the heck did they build it and never bother to open it? Was the park a dud or was it deemed unsafe (with good reason it should seem)?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
LFTL said:
OMG I've seen that Asian rip-off of Superman and it does look like death haha. I say it would go like halfway up the tower, at best. But seriously, why the heck did they build it and never bother to open it? Was the park a dud or was it deemed unsafe (with good reason it should seem)?

The park's open with all the other rides running. Everything there is homemade, and their other coaster is absolutely horrible. It uses the exact same cars that the Superman ripoff has. Their shot tower is amazing though!

A few more pictures from the park:

DSC06719.jpg

DSC06715.jpg

DSC06727.jpg

DSC06689.jpg

DSC06701.jpg

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06705.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yes would be the basic answer.

It's pay-per-ride, but the ride ops asked me if I wanted to stay on for a free second ride. I said no.

I stayed on for a few free extra goes on the shot tower though. The ride ops there were fab; they just kept taking it in turns to ride with me, leaving the restraints as loose as possible.