What's new

Walibi Holland | New Ride | 2019

As some of you might know Mascha van Till, president of Walibi Holland, announced a new coaster coming to Walibi Holland in 2019. In this thread I'd like to discus your predictions for this ride and eventually when it's being built discus if it is what you expected of it.

Lofty

CF Legend
They're also adding in a new flat ride of some sort next year? It's called something to do with 'Brain', that's all I can remember. When speaking to my friend who works at the park (not in food and beverage before you try it ;) ) during Fright Nights, he said that this was a really huge new coaster, so I'm very excited. Could we see a Mack Multi Looper? With them working with Mack for Lost Gravity.

They're also adding in a new flat ride of some sort next year? It's called something to do with 'Brain', that's all I can remember.
This ride will be called 'Brain Trip'. It will be 'different'. Masha said that in the same interview as she mentioned this new coaster for 2019. It won't be something with VR. It will be in the building of the old 4d theatre. That's all we know.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
maxresdefault.jpg
or
thumb_img_1968_1_.jpg
please!

Or maybe (unlikely) it will be an Intamin or B&M...

Or RMC....

Or some other alternative company...

But hopefully Mack...

EDIT: Fixed the images for you. Think you need to click through to the image for the embedding to work properly, not that "preview" page that Google/Bing do. Hixee

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Or zampeala, Pinfari! Christ any wish list like that sounds like a rct fanboy.

I hope they go for a solid ride that compliments there existing ride line up. They are missing a big multi looper but they are an imaginative park, who knows they may even get on of the new Vekoma loopers. In all honesty I would be happy to see one of new age vekomas.

Lofty

CF Legend
So, they're painting Goliath blue and it looks great...
15078508_1329439560423767_6232978551207196708_n.jpg

But, this got me thinking - with the recent trend of whacking on VR and calling it a 'new ride', and the technology being used on other Intamin Mega Coasters, could we be seeing the 'new' ride 'Brain Trip' in the making?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Goliath's repaint is also to coincide with the ride's 15th birthday, which is nice. Wouldn't place a bet on it getting the VR treatment; Walibi seem to have not bought into the VR gimmick in general which is nice.

Pretty certain The Clinic ending up in the old 4D theatre and I'm sure I read somewhere that it's returning for next Halloween , so that does throw up some interesting questions for 2017...

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Yeah, it's definitely returning next year. They did SO much work in that building for this attraction, not including the metal room for the fire and the ventilation system that it includes - which cost them a staggering amount of money, so I seriously doubt that it was a one year project.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
So, they're painting Goliath blue and it looks great...
15078508_1329439560423767_6232978551207196708_n.jpg

But, this got me thinking - with the recent trend of whacking on VR and calling it a 'new ride', and the technology being used on other Intamin Mega Coasters, could we be seeing the 'new' ride 'Brain Trip' in the making?

I really hope Goliath doesn't get the VR treatment, I'll be absolutely gutted if it does!

Not sure about the re-paint either, it looked fine in green but as long as it doesn't get the VR treatment, I'm happy!