What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland | Unknown | Mack (unknown)

Ok, so it can run 2 cars at once then unless other blocks spring up.

I'm loving the construction of this though, it's such an interesting project.

No brakes yet, but if you look closer it looks like there will be at some point.

I'm just in love with this whole project, bring on the spinning cars!

There's a straight section of track before the first inversion, which could be there to disable spinning upon entry into the inversion?

^i have a weird feeling it might ENABLE the spinning there. Like how Corbra's Curse has a forwards & spinning section, maybe the first block of LG will be locked, and after the MCBR it will behin spinning?

mouse said:
There's a straight section of track before the first inversion, which could be there to disable spinning upon entry into the inversion?

Good call. I really want this to be a spinner, It would be wise to keep the trains locked during the fast-paced sections and unlock them for the final, more twisty elements.

And even if the coaster ends up not having a MCBR section, I think a park like Walibi Holland could do with a 2-train coaster just fine. After all, these Mack coasters are really easy to load, making for quick dispatches. I think that Alpina Blitz does well over 1,000 pph, so if this sat 12 riders per train, it could well be around 700 pph, which I guess is more that what Speed of Sound or Goliath do...

CoasterMac305 said:
^i have a weird feeling it might ENABLE the spinning there. Like how Corbra's Curse has a forwards & spinning section, maybe the first block of LG will be locked, and after the MCBR it will behin spinning?
I'm with you on this one, that MCBR will more than likely enable the spinning - in my eyes anyway.

CoasterMac305 said:
What "12 riders per train"? Its a single car.
Have you got concrete proof of this? I think a lot of judgement is coming from the 'small' transfer track, but we've not seen a really clear angle of this so can't say for definite. I'm thinking it may be a 2 car train in a configuration like the cars attached to Blue Fire, or we'll see a variant of CasterLab's 6 seater car with 2 cars.

I think you lot could be right, just the other way around. The elements before the "MCBR" are larger and look more suited to spinning, where as after, there'll be 3 tight inversions. It just doesn't look like it'll be very enjoyable.

But what do I know, I'm just guessing.

CoasterMac305 said:
What "12 riders per train"? Its a single car.

A single-car 4-seater model would just not be suitable at all, not even for a small park. If the supposed MCBR turns out to be a locking/unlocking mechanism, there would be room for just two cars, making for a total of 8 passengers, which is beyond ridiculous for such a coaster.

I bet Mack have come up with a smart solution to fit as many people as possible comfortably. And have you guys thought that the transfer track could be vertical, such as the one on the spinner at Le Twist at Pal or Dwervelwind at Toverland? This could fit a third train, besides the lateral transfer shed...

Some aerial pictures of a few days ago.

idOTkzMWM3MmIxNzZkNGY=-d2befb3deb96ddfc531f667df507b32e.jpg

idODkzMWM3MmIxNzZkNGY=-3d2af5591c417a09b70e7a9907e0efc1.jpg

idMTA0MWM3MmIxNzZkNGY=-f108475d72deeb3677cdacf96ff3f3f3.jpg

idMDA0MWM3MmIxNzZkNGY=-823854dbee1fb5e055f2e9dba62f9e2f.jpg

Source: http://hollandluchtfoto.nl/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=1&page=1

And a few pictures taken by Rogier de Groot.
MCBR:
JAlN69v.jpg

Top of the lift:
jPGpjxw.jpg

(slightly) outside banked turn before the mcbr:
u9GLYLA.jpg

Turn after the Dive drop:
CoSXEJE.jpg

Which is followed by a Zero-G-Roll:
H0JCMwe.jpg

Another pic of the mcbr:
5kvg5A8.jpg

You can sort of see the upcoming layout, then all of a sudden the exit of the banked tophat gets in the way and leaves me confused again. Just looking at the transfer track, I get it now, it does look small - but, it MIGHT just be able to fit a 2 car train on it dependant on the configuration of the wheel assembly underneath it.

Sneaky said:
(slightly) outside banked turn before the mcbr:
u9GLYLA.jpg
Its a long shot, and I have little engineering or physics knowledge... but could that turn be slightly banked in order to reduce the amount of spinning before the MCBR or whatever it is?

Someone with physics knowledge call me out if its an invalid suggestion :)

It's so slightly banked it makes me wonder why they've even bothered.

This whole coaster is just so full of WHY, I love it.

The ride experience will either be amazing, or horrific. I don't think there's any way this will just be "meh".

Agreed. The banking is so minuscule, it's actually pointless. If they actively wanted to market an outwardly banked turn (which they clearly do) why wouldn't you actually bank it to an extent that people notice (yet again referencing Cobra's Curse)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

That transfer track is tiny, defo single cars IMO.

Yet the MCBR is HUGE in comparison.

And that third photo has all the remaining supports in, so you can see how it will end. Zero g, another banked turn, twisty hill.

Re: Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack (unknown)

Did Mack run out of black paint when doing those supports? I mean.... WHY are they the only yellow ones??

Crazy.

On the subject of paint it annoys me how because they've painted the sections different colours rather than alternating at a set distance, the alteration is always uneven.

Like it should be a nice uniform 100ft yellow, 100ft black.

^ then you get to the lift and finale and they thought "**** it. All black"

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.