• Get hit by a car (~35mph) while in a sumo suit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Intamin have never made a bad ride...?

... really?

It was a bit of an attempt at humor, Ben. I know every manufacturer makes at least one bad ride. :p

Or do they?

jayjay

Giga Poster
Pieman said:
Ben said:
Intamin have never made a bad ride...?

... really?

It was a bit of an attempt at humor, Ben. I know every manufacturer makes at least one bad ride. :p

Or do they?
Yes they do.

The Vekoma bashing thing is pointless and even the bad ones I still go on. Even if they are painful.

I don't get what this "perfection is heartless" thing is all about either. I would count a ride having character as part of perfection.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
jayjay said:
I don't get what this "perfection is heartless" thing is all about either. I would count a ride having character as part of perfection.

Perfection is just so boring and tedius, and sometimes a bit nerdy.

Character and soul comes from other things. Look at cars, if you wanted a car full of soul and passion, you would buy an Alpha, even though they are rubbish, because they have soul, mostly down to them being rubbish. If you want a perfect car, you buy something like a Lexus. They are pretty perfect, but there is no soul or heart in them.

Snoo

The Legend
^That car analogy makes absolutely no sense at all.

Not even a retarded person would pick a piece of **** car because it is a piece of ****.

I kind of get what Blaze is saying, but it's still not an excuse for Vekoma to be so crap. He's just saying that a perfect coaster with absolutely nothing wrong has no presonality, whereas something that maybe isn't the greatest thing ever like the Ultimate, or Beast for example, are still good rides because they're different..

Dunno though, that's just what I got from it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
^^
It does make sense. People buy cars like Alpha Romeos because they want to experience the soul and experience, knowing full well that most of the time the car will be awful. They buy them for the small amount of time everything is working well because then they are briliant. They have soul and personalities because of all of that.

^
Yeah, I think you get what I mean, something perfect has no personality, it's just an emotionless lump of metal or wood, just a robot, while something which is not perfect, like the two you mentioned, has personality and are more human. It is not an excuse for rides to be crap, but sometimes rides which are not perfect are better than rides that are.

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
^^
It does make sense. People buy cars like Alpha Romeos because they want to experience the soul and experience, knowing full well that most of the time the car will be awful. They buy them for the small amount of time everything is working well because then they are briliant. They have soul and personalities because of all of that.

^
Yeah, I think you get what I mean, something perfect has no personality, it's just an emotionless lump of metal or wood, just a robot, while something which is not perfect, like the two you mentioned, has personality and are more human. It is not an excuse for rides to be crap, but sometimes rides which are not perfect are better than rides that are.

What the bloody hell are you on about. A bad ride is a bad ride, its not "character". Thats like saying if someone continually hits you thats just building character.... wait, thats what fathers say! You might be onto something!!!

No. You aren't cause thats all a bunch of crap what you just said.

I mean seriously if a ride is painful, its not "character" its just painful, just like a ride thats "perfect" can have character through themeing and what the ride feels like.

This has to be the feeblest attempt at why Vekoma's can be good ever.

AND I DON'T MIND VEKOMA!

Snoo

The Legend
Blaze said:
They buy them for the small amount of time everything is working well because then they are briliant. They have soul and personalities because of all of that.

Oo.. so they buy them for the time they are perfect and hate it for all the times that they suck the big one.

Hmm..

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I don't think Blaze's example was the best, but I do get what he's saying.

And Slash, stop being so stupid. Every time I see you post it's saying that Blaze is terrible. It's not fair, it's harsh and if you keep carrying on..it'll border on bullying.

Sorry for modding.

Anyway, I think Vekoma are not that bad. Sure, they give some pain, but, they are still coasters, and for that, I love them.

Snoo

The Legend
^I do get what he was saying too, but that doesn't mean what he said is even close to correct or even an analogy which is comparable.

I'd agree on Slash being a bit overzealous, but for the most part, Blaze has been an ignorant/annoying fanboy.. defending his point with ever weaker evidence/analogies to try and prove his extremely weak point. On top of that, the fact he has only been on some of the best Vekomas reinforces that point.

In the old UC standard, if you have something to say, don't be a ****ing moron about it and spatter off meaningless points in an effort to try and back up what you say.. because you'll only look like more of a fool.

PS: I respect the fact he likes Vekoma, I've stated that before, I just hate everything else.. lol

andrus

Giga Poster
Vekoma SLCs are a bit rough in some places, yes. But they do have spacious and comfortable restraints in contract to B&M inverts who is built for midgets.. Both B&M and Vekoma have their downsides, so imho they both are equally comfortable to ride!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Of course we all "know" that some Vekoma's are good. Personally, I like Déjà Vu (SFOG), Batwing, Invertigo (KI), Expedition Everest, and Rock n' Roller Coaster (WDW). They are better than most of their flyers. Those are better than the SLC's. The best of those is Hangman. They are better than most boomerangs. The best of those is Sidewinder at Hershey. The worst for adults is Ninja at SFOG. Fortunately, I have not had to ride any other of their mutli-loops. By the way, Arrow and Schwarzkopf have some very painful rides in the name of GASM at SFGAV and Laser.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Of course we all "know" that some Vekoma's are good. Personally, I like Déjà Vu (SFOG), Batwing, Invertigo (KI), Expedition Everest, and Rock n' Roller Coaster (WDW). They are better than most of their flyers. Those are better than the SLC's. The best of those is Hangman. They are better than most boomerangs. The best of those is Sidewinder at Hershey. The worst for adults is Ninja at SFOG. Fortunately, I have not had to ride any other of their mutli-loops. By the way, Arrow and Schwarzkopf have some very painful rides in the name of GASM at SFGAV and Laser.

[ I'm sorry about the double. The first one said that it didn't post. ]