What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's trying to do this:

p20628.jpg

^ The frame that holds up the bottom curve of the lift hill.

it was modifyed to wrap around some scenery that is ment to be the lfit motor without pierceing though the motor.

albatross07121320200500nd0.png

albatross07121320202800pk0.png

Crazycoaster said:
Leighton, I dont understand what you meant in that post..

i was talking about the thickness of the box beam, the larger area works similar to the Intamin quad rail, selfsupporting in places where placing supports are not practical.

Since Jeremy's coaster has a typical B&M box beam (as do all NL coasters) it would require the extra degree of support.

The idea behind the triangular frame at the base of the lift is to transmit the load along its length straight down to the ground. Since a fair proportion of the load on the lift will be transmitted along its length.

lift1wd9.png

What Jer has done is this:
lift2nx1.png

That creates a nasty bending moment in the red portion of the lift support, which would ultimately be the bit that fails.

albatrossv2071215134758bi2.png

\Sexy turnaround :)

The ride is maknig slow but steady progress I think i may make a supports station using the new support coloring :)

Its time for a brief tour of my new ride..

The rides pretty much at the front of the park, coming in from the entrance you come across this view of the area:

hilltop.jpg

Welcome to Darkwater Quarry Research Laboratories.

The ride entrance is located opposite the Immelman:

Radar.jpg

As you enter you have to go through the Security check, after all this is a secret government facility.. although it seems a bit abandoned for some reason..

Security.jpg

Wondering through the queueline you come across a number of different scenes, including the staff changing rooms. Unfortunately it seems we cannot get to the Male toilets right now.

Changingrooms.jpg

You'll have to go through the female toilets to eventually reach the male ones... now with added holes in the wall and bloodstained wall decorations.

bathrooms.jpg

After a couple more scenes you'll enter the first section of the Xenon Laboratory..

lab1.jpg

Notice the new viewing area of the toilets to the right. Lovely. Finally you'll get to the station area, aka the main laboratory:

station-1.jpg

This is where you clamber aboard the ride and do a whole load of crazy stuff.

loop.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the tour!

Haha! Sorry bout that, I opened up the Reply page before you posted that pic, got half way through my post and ended up getting distracted for ages, before finally coming back to the post, and by that time you'd posted, otherwise I woulda commented :p

Your turn looks real nice though, am liking the way its turning out. The exit hill from it looks a bit deformed though.

Yaay, time for another quick update from me!

I spent a couple of hours yesterday adding a lift motor:

LiftMotor.jpg

aaaand:

liftend.jpg

No limits should do something about their crappy lift stairs.

One more picture:

Monster.jpg

Part of the queueline and something.. else..

Nice...large expanse of grass =/

You ain't showin much, but it looks alright, the zero-g twist thing looks verrry tight though. (and not the good tight)

THATS MY ZERO-G!!!! haha, oh, dug myself a hole ain't i

probably the angle.

and ask next time.

-------------------

You people should be excited bout Crazycoaster's new badboy, its superb.

SFMMMan17 said:
You still don't quite understand...

kimahrinlhelpmk4.jpg

That should help :--D

yes is did

cvbcgbj9.jpg

if i was a twat i'd say lulz pwned

but i'm not so i'll say... bit to close to the footer dont you agree?

i'll bunk it up a bit more.

Sorry for the double post, but I have started a new ride!

It is called Thrust SSC (Super Sonic Coaster,) which is the name of the fastest land vehicle, the Thrust SSC (Super Sonic Car)

I have just started, and it is an accelerator with a maximum height of 118 ft. and a top speed of 57 mph. Here is a pic of the newly completed norwegian loop (couldn't make it look like a pretzel though...)

thrustsscnorwegianloopuq9.jpg

Any suggestions to make it better would be great! Thanks!

Tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.