What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I think the scale on the video is just kind of deceiving, if this thing is 40 meters high and more than 800 meters long, it has to be ****ing massive (especially for Toverland's standards) and the pacing must be outstanding for a B&M Wing Coaster.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I think the scale on the video is just kind of deceiving, if this thing is 40 meters high and more than 800 meters long, it has to be :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing massive (especially for Toverland's standards) and the pacing must be outstanding for a B&M Wing Coaster.

I get what you mean. Just compare the hight of the coaster with the trees around it, says enough about how huge this coaster really is. Watch pictures with workers at the foot of the coaster.

I can't wait to fly under this bird's wings. He looks intimidating and daunting imho.
250518misme.jpg

Just seeing this picture and thinking about riding up the lifthill overlooking Avalon, gets me even more excited about this project.
DcwCc3bXUAALj0H.jpeg

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
PBE have uploaded this great construction site tour filmed yesterday. Interestingly the park want to keep the station interior a secret.
Overall things certainly look to be coming along well.

Last edited:

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the share, I was asked not to film inside the station or with the transfer track in full view (as in when I was stood next to it), I am really looking forward to seeing the station once its been finished and 'revealed' fully by Toverland.

We did head round to the bottom of the lift hill but weren't able to get onto it because of scaffolding blocking any access, I did catch a glimpse of it and from the bottom looking up it seems huge.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
These 2 areas do look amazing, but I'm surprised that with 2 brand new areas there are only 2 new rides. I suspect they'll add new rides in these areas in the future though.

Climb

Mega Poster
1g2zfiiq64-jpg.3035

i love this

Snoo

The Legend
So that high G turn is sexy as all hell and it will be the best part of the ride if it feels anything like other "turns" on Wing Coasters out there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So that high G turn is sexy as all hell and it will be the best part of the ride if it feels anything like other "turns" on Wing Coasters out there.
It'll probably look pretty impressive as a bystander too!

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
These 2 areas do look amazing, but I'm surprised that with 2 brand new areas there are only 2 new rides. I suspect they'll add new rides in these areas in the future though.
First I thought the same. But concerning Avalon there are 2 major attractions integrated and interweaved in/with the area in a rarely seen level of detail. One covering the thrill seeker and one covering the family target group. Possibly both with decent dark ride elements. There is IMHO no place and need for further rides.

The Port Laguna Area is not really meant to be for "rides". But besides just being a new entrance with merch and food shops, it also offers some different kinds of attractions as well.
There will be a large, bay themed playing ground and possibly a new show/event area integrated.

And there seems to be another attraction: If I understand it the right way, the "Magistralis Magic Store" will be a kind of "Toverhuis 2.0" where you can have interactive elements react on your attepts to do magic - possibly enabling gestures as a further develoment from classic button-driven wands.

Plus: If my memory of certain press conferences doesn't fool me, I understood that this concept is (later on) planned to be extended to several spots in the whole Port Laguna/Avalon area where you can interact with certain POIs in a magical way.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
What I like about Port Laguna is how it's color scheme really works well with Booster Bike's green in the background. It still won't make this coaster fit any better into this park (and with that I'm mainly talking about the theme, nothing wrong about the ride itself) but it is a plus.

Still can't see Booster Bike survive much longer though, it's basically the youngest delivery of the era when launches were enough of an attraction in itself...

Oh, Fun Fact: I took part in a customer satisfaction poll about Walibi Holland yesterday, and part of the poll was asking me about whether I had recently visited nearby theme parks, probably the ones Walibi considers to be its competitors. Interestingly enough, I have been asked about Phantasialand and Efteling, but not Toverland. I feel like this expansion will finally make Toverland really pop out on the the theme park map, and honestly: with the addition of Fenix, Toverland will be absolutely pissing on Efteling if you just talk purely about the rides itself. And I don't mean that in an offensive way, it just took Efteling forever to realize that you can't live purely on your reputation you built up in the 80s and 90s and I love to see them finally picking up speed. Walibi Holland also found it's niche, the dutch theme park scene is on a fantastic road.

I also just realized that Fenix will be taller than the dive (!) coaster Baron 1898, which is a ballsy statement in itself.

Last edited: