What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Hope this is not too offtopic, but since I already mentioned Port Laguna complementing Booster Bike, do you think the park will touch on that in the near future? Not in a sense of scrapping it, but the more and more awesome the rest of the Park looks, the more and more bland will this coaster appear. And considering that it is a very fun ride (the only launch-coaster my girlfriend will ride with me lol) and also a rare-breed, I believe it deserves some love (similar to Python in Efteling) even though some people might not be too fond of it.

I guess there's no real way around the motorbikes and that will always be weird in a Magic Forest/Magische Vallei theme area. Because redesigning the train would almost always mean replacing it, and taking R&D-cost into account the trains were probably the most expensive piece of this coaster, a fantasy-heavy retheme is always going to struggle with the non-fitting trains, but I always wondered why this coaster sits on a plot of grass. I mean, this is the "border" between Magic Forest and Magic Valley, and it has these two characteristic overbanks, you could for instance plant two giant sequoias in the center of these or maybe add some terrain to the bunny-hops in the end. A giant mole hill, something like that. Just take some oversized nature/wood elements and redesign this to the flight of the dragonfly or something like that.

The new trains on Python for example look absolutely fabulous, considering what the coaster is. And after an expansion like Avalon and Port Laguna, nobody could fault Toverland for taking a break and mainly filling some gaps over the next years. Again, look at Efteling, that place still hasn't managed to house more than 5 coasters to this day and is going to drop to 4 once Bob bites the dust after this season. It's still one heck of a place.

I mentioned before on this forum:

I would suggest Toverland to sell Boosterbike and replace it with a "packed" launch coaster (like Karacho at Tripsdrill) in Magic Valley style. Then they only need the area from the current station till the pathway underneath the first (airtime-) hill after the launch.

In place of the 2 horizontal spirals (also known as a helix) after the first hill (so behind the pathway), they could do some landscaping with Troy theming in it.

Then every area is well separated and transitions could be made more nicely.

To make it more clear:
Red: compact launch coaster like Karacho
Blue: Landscaping with some Troy theming
Snapchat-938796619.jpg

Last edited:

Fluorineer

Mega Poster

I would suggest Toverland to sell Boosterbike and replace it with a "packed" launch coaster (like Karacho at Tripsdrill) in Magic Valley style. Then they only need the area from the current station till the pathway underneath the first (airtime-) hill after the launch.

In place of the 2 horizontal spirals (also known as a helix) after the first hill (so behind the pathway), they could do some landscaping with Troy theming in it.

Then every area is well separated.

Yeah, that would probably be for the best. I was about to make an argument for Booster Bike being a more family-friendly launch coaster than Karacho would be, but forgot about the 1,40m height requirement which is a real problem because with these unflexible trains, they just won't be able to change it. With Fenix, I can totally see them getting permission to lower the height requirement to 1,30m for children accompanied by an adult, especially because there's other B&Ms with vests and inversions which only require a height of 1,30m. I assume they're just being "careful" right now with the announced 1,40m-requirement to not set up any disappointment on opening day. And yeah, I just checked and Karacho has a requirement of 1,25m, that sounds just about perfect.

A good launch really would complete Toverland's coaster lineup for its size and target audience. If they were to build a 6th coaster somewhere in the future, I'm not even sure what it should be because they're really not lacking anything then.

Pear

Strata Poster
aximus Blitz (the bob at toverland) is the ride with constantly the longest wait times by far. It’s really famous along guests and pretty fun to ride. The lack of capacity does the rest..

It's a lot of fun as well and has a really cool queue with weird contraptions.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Then every area is well separated and transitions could be made more nicely.

To make it more clear:
Red: compact launch coaster like Karacho
Blue: Landscaping with some Troy theming
View attachment 3061
A compact launch would never fit in that red space you outlined, even for a compact launch.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, a compact launch could fit in that space - just because there isn't one to date doesn't mean there could never be.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The space outlined in red is approx 400 feet. Karacho measures approx 420 feet from one end to the other.
Just do some research before posting pointless comments.
Soz bro.

I don't see Boosterbike going anytime soon, personally. Not for at least 5 more years.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Also it doesn't even have to be a Gerst, Vekoma's portfolio has exploded recently and they certainly could create a better fit for that area as well. Another problem with booster bike for me is imo that it hasn't aged well. For having Vekomas modern track-profile, it's suprisingly rough (even though that sensation might just be amplified through the odd position you take in the trains) and the track is way too rusty for a 14 year old coaster. I couldn't imagine Toverland being sloppy on maintenance, so maybe Booster Bike is just a lemon.

balrog

Mega Poster
Yeah, a compact launch could fit in that space - just because there isn't one to date doesn't mean there could never be.
There are plenty, to date, which would fit. Lynet would fit, and so would any Skyrocket 2. Many more would too, Intamin U-shape and Impulse coasters and probably other shuttles with more involved layouts, maybe even closed circuits that I am not thinking about.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
There are plenty, to date, which would fit. Lynet would fit, and so would any Skyrocket 2. Many more would too, Intamin U-shape and Impulse coasters and probably other shuttles with more involved layouts, maybe even closed circuits that I am not thinking about.
I was making a point about the whole 'that will never happen', Balrog, calm the **** down.

Reactions: Ben

balrog

Mega Poster
I was making a point about the whole 'that will never happen', Balrog, calm the :emoji_zipper_mouth: down.
I'm mostly responding to ATI and am actually backing up your point, I don't know how you could find any aggression in my post. I can assure you I am pretty calm.

balrog

Mega Poster
That was hardly an attack though. Your post doesn't read as "There IS NO coaster to date ..." but rather as "no matter if there is such a coaster to date because there could easily be" to which I added a simple "and actually, there is ...".
It was supposed to be nice, proving your point with existing examples so there is no ambiguity left that you are right.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, thank you. I am glad you agree with me.

On track - there is definitely plausible and ample space for such a coaster, and frankly, I wish they did it because Booster Bike is ****e.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
On track - there is definitely plausible and ample space for such a coaster, and frankly, I wish they did it because Booster Bike is :emoji_poop:e.

I would even prefer a triple launch coaster like Gold Rush instead of Booster Bike, which certainly would fit in that small area. ;)

pwk20

Roller Poster
What the heck is wrong with Booster Bike, guys?

It's a pretty nice coaster, it rides not too rough and has a appropriate launch. Besides some "retheming" there's absolutely no reason to remove it from the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
Booster Bike is excessively boring. The launch is very weak, it rattles around the track and doesn't really do much, at all.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I guess they will just be teasing us at this point and gradually release some new stuff until July 7th. I mean, they obviously have a full onride already and they're not uploading that either.

Oh btw, the opening date July 7th is also the start of the summer holidays in Limburg, but Toverland will also do their midsummer evening events this year, which means every Wednesday during the holidays, they'll be open from 10am to 11pm and ending the day with a firework. Unfortunately I can't really recommend these events because a small place like Toverland really suffers from being overly crowded (60 minutes wait on both the Log Flume and Bobkart), but it means that tuesdays during summer holidays will generally be the quietest days. So should you have the opportunity, go on a tuesday. But if you can't, these events also take some heat off the weekends, because most families who can will look to go on these wednesdays instead.

But also not that all long waits are mainly caused by their lower capacity rides, their operations are still great. Even during the event, Troy never had a longer than 20 minutes wait, same with Dwervelwind. And since B&Ms are capacity monsters, I don't expect wait times to become too long (especially compared to rides like Baron).