What's new

Top 10: 2012 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
I actually liked TT a lot. I think that was the general feeling at the USA Live in 2010. While I wouldn't put it that high, I personally have it above a few of those rides he has listed.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I'll have to see if I change my mind if I ever get to ride it, so far I haven't come across an Arrow coaster that makes it close to the top of my list but maybe i've just had a poor run where their rides are concerned.

Snoo

The Legend
Oo believe me. Aside from Magnum, Phantom, and TT.. I don't think I know another decent Arrow off the top of my head.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ X2, except for the fact that it killed the company right when they started to produce some really good rides. As for other great Arrow's I've heard great things about Eagle Fortress.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm....guess I will attempt to organize the bunch of coasters in my head.

1 - Voyage
2 - Incredible Hulk
3 - Steel Phantom
4 - Maverick
5 - Dominator
6 - Great Bear
7 - Villain
8 - Goliath (SFoG)
9 - Twister (Knoebles)
10 - The Legend

Without defunct it is this:

1 - Voyage
2 - Hulk
3 - Maverick
4 - Dominator
5 - Great Bear
6 - Goliath (SFoG)
7 - Twister (Knoebles)
8 - The Legend
9 - Flight Deck (Kings Island)
10 - Ninja (SFoG)

nadroJ

CF Legend
I don't know mine off the top of my head, but if I post this my top ten is in my sig =D So, that'll be my top ten before this trip <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The fact that you put Villain in a top 10 Intricks is fantastic. :lol:

Here I go,

1. Ravine Flyer II
2. Maverick
3. X2
4. Diamondback
5. Thunderhead
6. Goliath SFoG
7. Millennium Force
8. Magnum-XL 200
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Incredible Hulk

Peppered in behind the top 10 is an array of B&M and GCIs. :razz:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I finally managed to sort out my Top 10, but with all these things it's never a sorted list, except the top 5. That's pretty fixed I think...

1. Boulder Dash
2. El Toro
3. Maverick
4. TTD
5. Voyage
6. Montu
7. RFII
8. Bizzaro
9. Diamondback
10. Incredible Hulk

More difficultly, but here's my guess for the top 20.

11. Nemesis
12. Dragon Khan
13. Phoenix
14. Oblivion
15. Kumba
16. Beast
17. Batman: The Ride
18. Prowler
19. Patriot
20. Cornball Express

As ever, subject to change dependent on my mood... :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I will admit, Cornball was a bit of a random pick. I was just kinda looking through my list and it jumped out at me. Figured that was some indication that it was a great ride, so it got the No. 20 spot. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Might have been my constant "THIS **** IS LEGIT!!!*!#31!" when we visited that reminded you as well. ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh yeah, there was that too. :p Although I was slightly prepared after Jerry had introduced me to Phoenix. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Those two rides, off the top of my head, are the only rides I've really experienced that sort of just 'free' airtime if you get what I mean.. and the fact that Corny's is on nothing but turns just makes it that much more epic.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Mine's pretty crappy, but I hope to be going to Great America in the fall so that might change it quite a bit.
1. Mr. Freeze--Reverse Blast, Six Flags STL (Crazy scary in the front row looking straight down on the spike)
2. The Boss, Six Flags STL (Pure wooden shaking and some great thrills too, love the terrain layout)
3. Cornball Express, Indiana Beach (Great airtime, good first drop)
4. Batman: The Ride, Six Flags STL (It's all about the G's after the second loop)
5. American Thunder/Evel Knievel, Six Flags STL (Smooth for a woodie, great airtime, good first drop)
6. Ninja, Six Flags STL (Not crazy good until after the first section of brakes, entrance to double corkscrew is amazing)
7. Hoosier Hurricane, Indiana Beach (Great first drop)
8. Screamin' Eagle, Six Flags STL (Good drops, great location)
9. Pandemonium, Six Flags STL (Pure spinning fun)
10. Tig'rr, Indiana Beach (Only on here because of the two helixes)
I know it's a really crappy list, but Great America, if I go, should add some more to it.

Blizzrock

Roller Poster
Still haven't done a number of the top coasters, but I'm working my way up.

Why no love for i305 yet?

1. Intimidator 305, King's Dominion
2. Maverick, Cedar Point
3. Millennium Force, Cedar Point
4. Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point
5. Goliath, Six Flags over Georgia
6. Apollo's Chariot, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
7. Griffon, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
8. SheiKra, Busch Gardens Tampa
9. Volcano: The Blast Coaster, King's Dominion
10. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa

Snoo

The Legend
I rode 305 when it was a neutered version of its current self.. but I get to ride it again in a few weeks.. so win all around!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's been nearly three years since a coaster has broken into my Top 10 (Colossos at Heide Park & blue fire at Europa Park in 2009), so I'm totally shocked & thrilled that three of this year's new offerings have made the grade! :--D
I thought Leviathan & X-Flight were as good as it would get until today, when I rode SkyRush 17 times.
What an incredible ride! Almost pushed El Toro out of my #2 spot!
Goodbye Goliath (at Walibi Holland), Behemoth & blue fire - it was fun having you three in my Top 10 for so many years.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Well it's still early but the only new coaster I, may, end up riding is Maverick...so chances are my top 10 won't change much at all. Though there is a brand new on here...Skyrush : D
Didn't think it'd crack the Top 10 but it has! Ride packed more oh a wallop then I expected.

1. Millennium Force, Cedar Point
2. El Toro, SF Great Adventure
3. Nitro, SF Great Adventure
4. Skyrush, Hershey Park
5. Storm Runner, Hershey Park

In no real order:
6. Apollo's Chariot, BG Williamsburg
7. Volcano, the Blast Coaster, Kings Dominion
8. The Incredible Hulk, IoA
9. Kraken, Sea World Orlando
10. Raptor, Cedar Point

What a weak list :(