What's new

Thoughts on Saw

Won't there be some days like other parks where the trims get turned off?
Some parks only turn them on later in the day or during wet weather ect.
Any idea if Saws will be on all the time or have they ****ed up the ride before I've been on it?

Ollie sorry to say its been done due to the problems they had on Saturday, its either that or nothing by the looks of it :(

I know I've said it before, but I can't see why they can't take away the trims and just put them into the housing on the final block. That would make more sense to me as it wouldn't kill the climax of the ride.

southend_marc said:
At least it runs now Ollie, just ride it like it is you new no difference.

Yes but if it's as big a difference as Erol said then it sucks.

Remember Silver Star? I tried to ignore those trims, but everytime we went through one all you could hear was a loud "TOOOSH!" and the train slowed to nearly a standstill.

I just want to ride Saw as it was originally intended to be.

Ollie I really do feel for you as I said before, there is not much that can be said or done to help you feel better about it.

Strange how this is the second of this ride type to have been trimmed since it's original opening....

Wasn't Speed also the subject of extra trimming?

At least it might ease the problem of people hurling up? Vadge mentioned elsewhere that it happened a couple of times when she rode it before.

southend_marc said:
Ollie I really do feel for you as I said before, there is not much that can be said or done to help you feel better about it.

Yeah. You just have to read the Vent thread to see how much it's annoyed me. At the time I wasn't too bothered for some reason. But now they've slowed the ride down I'm really ****ing angry. They were doing everything so right during construction and now everytime I've been since it's opened it's just been getting worse and worse.

Well no one thing was done wrong at that was the testing of the ride, the problem should have been picked up and was not. Had it been picked up no one wold have been on it with no trims.

This is a real shame. The last section of this ride was f'ing brutal... it was brilliant. So i'm assuming it was deemed unsafe at it's original speed? Felt safe enough.

If they've added permanent magnetic breaks to the MCBR, then it must be for comfort reasons. Your head really did SLAM into the headrest out of the MCBR, so I can understand it.

Unfortunately it's bound to calm the end of the ride down a bit :?. It's still a great sequence of transitions though.

I don't get this vomiting business though, it wasn't that bad. Wimps!

Right then, having loved the ride yesterday, all I can say now is, OW!

My head's OK, and Slayed is right it's not a sickly coaster. But my shoulders are killing me, and I have 2 enormous **** ass bruises as a souvenir! Mind you, I suppose they're more impressive than the tat in the shop :lol:

I have shoulder bruises too, and a few leg ones.

That coaster HURTS! It's bloody brutal! I'm not sure if in a few years it'll even be rideable, lol!

I am looking forward to it and not at the same time, Rage beats me up big time 2 rides and thats it. Sounds like Saw is going to put me in hospital lol.