What's new

Thoughts on Saw

I'm worried now that when I finally ride it I won't enjoy it as much because as I'm going round my mind will probably be filled with silly thoughts such as "I should of been on this ages ago".
Hopefully I won't though as I want to enjoy it. It's just that it's already annoyed me every time I've been in the park.

Went on it today 6 times, and it was a 6 I've decided. The ride is actually not that good and varies dramatically depending on where you sit. I looked at no spoilers, yet nothing took me by surprise.

Why is the bottom of the drop so rough? It's a straight drop!

Got ERT so got some night riding in and is much better than during the day.

The outside queue is the worst I have ever seen and luckily I did not queue in it as I used fast track tickets and ERT all day.

So yeah, a 6 really...

It were poo :)

Indoor was quite good,
I did like the spikes on the indoor drop
, but after that I thought it were crap :) 5/10 or 6/10

7 rides on it today - not bad seeing it had a 2 hour queue all day. :lol:

I enjoyed it. I thought that the queue was a bit of a let down, as it was hyped up to be spectacular, and didn't really deliver.

I loved the first drop and everything inside the station. The outside layout was alright, but strongly dependant on where you sit on the train. Front row giving the better view in the station, back row giving a much smoother and more comfortable ride outside. The right side outer seats were also quite painfull, especially through the tighter elements.

The new trims on the MCBR were really killing the speed on empty trains, but didn't have as much of an effect as trains loaded with passengers. Still, it killed the speed enough so you only get some floater airtime in the drop out of the MCBR, rather than anything extreme.

Still a good ride, probably the 2nd best at Thorpe after Inferno. I'd give it an 7.5/10.

I went on Saw yesterday queued about 2 and half hours for it, sat back row, car two outside seat. It was crap.

The End.

Just wanna ask anybody that went yesturday, were the:

Swinging blades swinging on the little drop?

And was the pupet rolling faward and talking?

I just got word that some effects have already died and I wanted to know if it was true.

To answer your question A-Kid no none of that was working. Didn't take long for the effects to break then :lol:

When the stuff is working, there's a really good atmosphere in the indoor section which makes the coaster better.

I hope they're up and running by Tuesday. (plus Lionsgate wont be happy if they don't)

If I get on it at all.
If we don't renew our AP's this year (which run out 6th April) then it's unlikely we'll go again till next year.
I'm not sure If we are or not this year as our holiday to Tenerife is costing my dad alot and he probably can't afford both.
So yeah, If I don't get to Thorpe again before the 6th April then it will look like I'll have to wait until next year to ride. :(

southend_marc said:
Ollie it looks like we shall be riding Saw with half the stuff not working and trimmed :(

At this rate, by the time he rides it, it wont be Saw: The Ride :lol:

Rode it today, got on it when the park opened, and it broke down for ten minutes, which wasn't bad. Sat in the second car, which definitely is MUCH better compared to the first due to the stopping part after the station. Decided to queue up for it later in the day, to have the ride host tell us that there was a delay because someone had been sick.. over HALF AN HOUR later, they eventually got round to cleaning it up, to have the ride break down again, and causing the attendants to make everyone leave with free fastpasses.

They sorted it out later, so we got on it a second time, this time sitting in the front train, which was rubbish in comparison, cuz there was no build up to it at all. Plus the second time the ride shook us to hell, and gave us all headaches. Seriously.. straight drop WTF?!

They didnt seem to have any live actors anywhere, which was a bit disappointing, but i must say the biggest gripe i have was about them taking so long JUST to clean up a bit of sick?! Whats that about? The only reason I could think that it would take so long is because this person must have hurled litterally EVERYWHERE. But i doubt that, because Thorpes done this a number of times leaving us stranded in a ride queue for hours while they get a bit of sick cleaned up.

Im assuming theres some sort of stupid H&S reason for them to take they're sweet time?

^ Yer, they have to put protective gear on before they can do anything with sick. Then they have to pour powder on it and soak it up, that takes a few minutes and then sweep and get rid of all the powder in the station. It takes longer than you think.

^ Health and Safety need to **** off to be honest. You have to wear "protective clothing" just to mop up vomit.

**** ME SIDEWAYS thats stupid.

Consider the stuff used to clean up vomit (Sanitare)...

It dries up moisture...

Hence, if you breathe it in, it'll dry up your inside...

It is a powder, hence could get caught in a breeze and into your eyes...

Doesn't seem stupid now does it? :roll: