What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Yes Jordan once the train was moving I was ok as well, it only really felt snug when I 1st pulled the restraint down.

I would rather these than iSpeed ones put it that way :)

Nic

Strata Poster
Ethan said:
Oh lol :p Anyway Raptor has seatbelts AND those flier-esque restraints????
It has flier-esque restraints with the "squidgy" inner layer. It then has a seatbelt that fastens the restraint to the seat in the same way as for an invert. I too had heard complaints about the length of the seatbelts before going. However, when I got there, I found them to be about the same length as invert ones. Whether these had been changed since the start of the season, or it's just down to the shape of the restraints meaning people have a differnet experience, I don't know. I imagine the latter.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Im not fat, but soft ;-) and as said above there not comfortable. You dont notice it as much when going around but when your sitting there waiting, clamped in your seat, its not nice. Its the straps that go over your shoulders, there the ones that get tighter. Its your collar bone that takes the hit, so being fatter might help there ;-) It was only open a few weeks when I rode it so maybe its not so harsh. As said above, it would have been nice just to have a normal harness, all B&M's that I have been on (except flyers) are lovley to sit in!

I adore the flier and wingrider restraints, perhaps it is because Im a short arse and a twig. But the over the shoulder foamy strap things are MUCH more comfortable than regular OTSRs from them.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
As CF's Official Fattest Welshman™, I can say I had no problems with the Raptor restraints, and thought they were some of the most comfortable I've had the pleasure to have parts of myself rubbed against.

Then again, I have absolutely no problem with Eurofighter restraints, and find them totally unpainful. Frankly, you're all wusses in that particular regard :p

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ploddish said:
As CF's Official Fattest Welshman™, I can say I had no problems with the Raptor restraints, and thought they were some of the most comfortable I've had the pleasure to have parts of myself rubbed against.

Then again, I have absolutely no problem with Eurofighter restraints, and find them totally unpainful. Frankly, you're all wusses in that particular regard :p
I think it's just that you're so used to utterly **** rides. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
How're my Thunder Thighs going to fit in?! ;)

Joking aside, I doubt they'll be as un-comfy as Baco's through the inline </3

nadroJ

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:
I'm only worried about my BEASTLY THIGHS

Ahahaha <3 Honestly, any discomfort I felt was strictly chest and upwards, and that was more the crippling claustrophobia caused by the restraints as opposed to anything else. Stop worrying, unless you're an absolute tank you'll fit. Richard fit, and he is a man of large proportions (not fat by any means, but just generally big).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
bob_3_ said:
I'm only worried about my BEASTLY THIGHS

Ahahaha <3 Honestly, any discomfort I felt was strictly chest and upwards, and that was more the crippling claustrophobia caused by the restraints as opposed to anything else. Stop worrying, unless you're an absolute tank you'll fit. Richard fit, and he is a man of large proportions (not fat by any means, but just generally big).
This rings true for me. Only ever really been described as a tank. ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Oh, I've got no concerns about fitting in this, I was only joking. :p I actually think it might be quite comfortable.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Of course, not the clearest photos in the world but still looking brilliant. Looking at it makes you realise how wide the trains really are though.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Credit to Thorpe Park Mania take from Monks walk today
rather than link downloaded one of the photos

dsc01445uz.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
So they had the chance to film it and show everyone how fast it goes round the layout. Yet they just take a couple of photos? :p

dominoes

Mega Poster
^There will probably be a video very soon...
By the way, does anyone know whether there will be cameras in the seats? I really liked the sound of that feature on Raptor, and I think it would look really cool, especially on the drop.

Drawin

Roller Poster
'Thorpe Parks newest ride, The Swarm is to feature On Ride video's of its victims as they brave the ride, and Thorpe Park have asked for their biggest fans input into the final product, you!'

Yeah, they released this a view months ago .. I guess there will be. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Does anybody actually BUY on ride videos? They just seem like a pointless gimmick to me. When are you ever going to sit down and physically watch that?

Status
Not open for further replies.