What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

So, is that going to be positioned so it actually gets riders wet?

Jools

Giga Poster

TP Rich said:
So, is that going to be positioned so it actually gets riders wet?

We don't know yet, is it even confirmed? I've read through but it just confused me haha!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^Looking at the plans, it's pretty obvious there will be. There are two man made pools either side of the wingover-hybrid thing...
Also, they would be missing a trick without it... or a gimmick -_-

Lespaulx

Roller Poster

New closeups of the plane!

It seems to be too close to the track!
I think there's no place for a fireball explosion or something.

It looks really tight! isn't it?

385901_148402481929828_115673268536083_130106_1412071073_n.jpg

376494_148402431929833_115673268536083_130105_1194670166_n.jpg

Taken from THE SWARM - Developers Diary
https://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-SWARM-Developers-Diary/115673268536083?sk=photos

Inverse

Hyper Poster

I guess the fireball will be out of the back of the engines, not under the wing itself. I think there is enough space for them there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Don't also forget that the trains aren't as high as normal B&M trains, so they'll easily fit under that gap. I think the flames (if there are going to be any on this scale) will likely be coming out of the back of the engines, maybe in parallel with the trains.

tks

Strata Poster

I can't believe Thorpe have built the theming too close to the track!!! This is a terrible design flaw.

T0M

Hyper Poster

tks said:
I can't believe Thorpe have built the theming too close to the track!!! This is a terrible design flaw.

I almost fell for that, then I looked at your registration date :lol:

I have to say while the water effect looks fairly cool, I do think it's a bit of a white elephant.

Lespaulx

Roller Poster

tks said:

I'm not saying that's a design flaw or something, I'm just saying what the pictures feels like, its obvious that the ride/theeming positions will fit the safety operation sizing.

The water jets are a great addition too!

marc

CF Legend
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

It is rather close but I bet the fire is not near the plane as such.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

It doesn't look great from that angle does it... but, then again, will it ever really be seen from that angle?

marc

CF Legend
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

From Stealth's station it will be.

That picture makes the coaster look really short.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Eurgh the plane looks disgusting from that angle. I hope they do something about it :(

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

They really can't afford to make such a brilliant ride look so **** with that one piece of themeing. There must be something they can do about it.

A-Kid

Giga Poster

The bit that bothers me is that giant flat pannel of silver metal on the back of the wing. Its probally the main view-point outside the Swarm area. That area is too 'clean' if its left similar to that. They should (on a smaller scale to below) add bits of seating everywhere and trashed metal/cabin parts. Dirt and foliage should be pushed up through the thing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy-harri ... otostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28096801@N ... otostream/

Thats what I'm thinking. Would be perfect.

While I'm thinking, because I think about theming quite alot; I'm also hoping they have thought about 'repetitive' theming. I'm talking street lights, poles, traffic lights, signs? Basically the things you have a number of. Why? Well its a great way to perform and hide realistic lighting rather than just floodlights and to hide audio systems (Think Amity Power Poles with hidden 402/502's). You could have a Street-lamp/Traffic light bent over at an angle. The top bit generally is quite large, so you could hide a Bose 402 in them. It's better to have them above head hight for better audio effect in a loud enviroment, but you could even hide them in the base...

Adds a bit of character to it when you have these little details covered and it makes a big difference. It's what I would do. It would just complete the area IMO. But its looking really nice at the moment. Best thing in the UK since Amity/Oblivion/Hex.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^ these are the good parts that'll help complete the theme, however its the one thing that Merlin really lack at creating, so I doubt it'll happen unfortunately.

Bentleya

Mega Poster

I think Merlin will have thought about it, we are still in the early stages of the theming, give it a few weeks/after new year and we might start seeing the final smaller and more detail into the Theming.

Coasterlover

Roller Poster

They'll leave the smaller bits of theming till after the new year, so don't write them off just yet.

dominoes

Mega Poster

The station from what I can see looks *NOM*. I assume they will do something to the plane. I highly doubt they will just leave it like that. I think A-Kid got it spot on. It does need more "bits". I think they will probably go in after the main bits have gone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.